Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

It was appropriate to post our Halloween Costumes today, as we decided to act as political leaders. Jon and I had fun playing the parts of John McCain and Sarah Palin. Regardless of how the election turns out today, we were happy to represent them on Halloween night (and yes John has a walker and a pair of depends hanging out the front of his suit). We can like people and still make fun of them right? Oh and if you are wondering who the little brown bellied, four eyed little munchkin in my arms is....it is none other than the dear leader himself, Kim Jung Il of North Korea.


















A model of the man himself. How do you think Emmie did? haha






















John McCain giving a speech while the Haaacky mom from Alaska converses with Kim Jung Il



















My wonderful family on Halloween night. I love the smurf hair hanging in your face, Rach. We had her throw on the wig she had worn at a high school dance for the pic. Mom and Shelby had fun entertaining the girls while we tried to take like 50 pictures of them (I love the digital age!)




















Ariel serenading us all with "Out of This World" She really was singing the part we all know "Ahhh Ahhh Ahhh" when I took the picture. The wig was the best thing I had ever seen on little blonde Charley!

























Earlier that day I dressed Em up in a giraffe outfit her cousin wore last year. I couldn't miss Halloween with cutsie pictures of Em. Kim Jung Il isn't quite what I call cute. The leaves on South Temple are amazing right now. It is always raining red, yellow and orange leaves as we walk up and down the street to the park. I am so glad it has been such nice weather as me and Em have had fun going to the park at least twice a day! Today it was raining but we did end up walking across the street to the Elementary School where they were having a bake sale for Election Day. Any excuse to leave the house for us!


























My little sweetie

8 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Shae, what fun costumes! You all look great and you make a good Palin!

Jyl said...

You really do look like Sarah Palin. Too bad she won't be in the white house!! I'm glad you got pictures of Emmie in the cute giraffe suit as the Korean thing was too serious for a 1 year old!! Love, MOM

lauren said...

flawless costume ideas. i give all three of you two very enthusiastic thumbs up.

Brooke said...

Love the costumes--thanks for the laugh. I think Emmie was a dead ringer! So fun. Adorable giraffe shot too!

Jaron, Joni, and Family said...

Shae, fun costumes! I love it when people get into Halloween. I was talking the other day to my mom about the one time I stayed at your house for Halloween. It was on a Saturday night. The next day was fast Sunday. I remember we spent the day looking at our candy. Your mom left for a while for a meeting and we convinced ourselves it was ok to brake our fasts and eat candy. I remember she came home and disciplined us! I loved staying at your house. Those were fun times!
Joni

Ivins Family said...

Shae, Emmeline is so big and so stinkin cute!!! It has been way too long since we've seen you guys. Good work on the costumes. I've been laughing about them all night.

Ben said...

Jon:
I'm all about the McCain costume dude. How did you pull off the bald thing so well!? (Kidding man, my time is rapidly approaching)
Cute costume for Emmie. She's such a cute kid.
Give us a call soon guys! We'd love to see ya!

Ben

Jessica Whittaker said...

I love the political costumes...Hilarious. Although, the giraffe picture was pretty cute too!