Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Shae's Golden Birthday!


28 on the 28th. I had a fun-filled day and the big finale was seeing the lights on temple square with Jon, Emmie and Luke. I love my little fam!























It was a marathon birthday since Jono had work off...yeah! We started out by going to the temple in the morning (my amazing sis took on 2 extra kids which meant her morning was most likely chaotic...thanks Ray!) It was a wonderful way to start the day.

























Yes, Luke is wearing a hand-me-down coat from Em and it does have pink in it. At least his hat from Andrew looks more "boy."
























My best friend Mariah was in town from San Francisco and took me to get a pedicure...yeah! It was such a great surprise for me to find out she was in town for Christmas. I haven't seen her for probably a year. It was so much fun...Thanks Marye! And yes, you can see my wonkie toe in this picture :) I asked Emmie which color nail polish I should get and she said blue! So, that was my present to Em as I knew she would be one of the only people who would see my toes and appreciate them in the winter anyway!



















My darling Jon watched the kids and I came home to this (it was 6pm...perfect time for napping!) Thank you Jon for making this day so great...especially for facing the parking battle at temple square! Love you!






















Then we went to Kneaders for dinner. We love their French dip (and of course all their pastries: see picture below)


















































My sis-in-law Erin surprised me with Peacock flowers (I love them) and Jon got me a new phone with a keyboard so I won't take 20 minutes to write a five word text! Thank you to everyone who called, left messages, emailed or texted me....It made my day!


















P.S. Jon's Christmas present to himself:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Barbie!! So glad your day was fun and stress-free. 28 years can sneak up on you quick huh!!? Well you're as beautiful as ever and 2 kids looks fabulous on you! We need to get together soon. Maybe next week while Brit is still in town. Love ya!

Jyl said...

Can't believe you blogged already about your day! Rachael must be rubbing off on ya. Glad you had a wonderful day--sounds full but fun. We'll continue to celebrate this week! Love you.

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Happy Birthday! I thought about you all day and meant to write, I apologize that I didn't earlier. Sounds like you had a great birthday! So glad to hear. Happy Birthday, love you! Wish I could see you!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

I forgot you were 28 on the 28th! Glad you had such a great birthday! love all the pics! love ya sis, you have the cutest kids ever