Sunday, May 6, 2012

Claire's 1st week here

We are loving every minute with our baby Claire.

 I had a great "hospital vacation" while Jon, and our friends Jenn and Sarah managed the kids.  Thank you!
 Emmie especially cannot get enough of holding Claire.  It has been the sweetest thing to watch her take care of her little sister.


Claire's first bath at home
 We've only seen this face from Claire a couple of times!! She is a very sweet baby and whimpers instead of cries for food. I remember my sister Rachael's baby Brittana would do this.  I couldn't believe a baby would actually whimper quietly when hungry. But now I have seen it for myself. It is awesome!
 It has actually been pretty hard for me to let go of Luke as my baby!  He is gigantic now and I can hardly pick him up.  I feel like he has gained 10 lbs in just this week! It has been hard for him to share the attention, but I love seeing his genuine smile every time he holds his sister. 
 I am always amazed how bringing another baby into our family actually increases my love for my other children too. 


 Photo shoot with Emmie and Claire (we really prepped for this one as you can see Emmie wearing my tie dye pajama shirt, and Claire in a neutral gender outfit!)  But Claire was more awake than ever and we had so much fun taking these pictures :)





 Jon had some great adventures this week with the kids.  I was so impressed with all the fun things he planned to do with the kids.  He was definitely Mr. Mom this week. I know he is anxious to get back to work and away from the chaos at home :)  But I want him to know how much I appreciated his help this week.  He welcomed any chance to hold baby Claire, but he never asked for it.  He took it seriously to watch the toddlers and give me a break.  He did the laundry, dishes, trash, picked up the house, bedtime routine, meals, etc, etc.  and never complained.  Thank you Jon! 







We Love you Miss Claire!!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

She is so beautiful. What a cute and sweet family you have! Love, Lindsey pfeil aka Hermana Fullmer

Nick and Erica Hart said...

Oh I just love her! And what a dream baby just whimpering instead of crying! I just want to hold her and kiss her cheeks. And she has such a great big brother and sister. I love the one with Luke's hair too. haha. :)

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Glad Jon-o was able to be around for a little bit of the transition. Love the mohawk pic of Luke. Can't wait to see you guys!

Tima said...

Congrats Jono and Shae! Claire is so cute! Awesome pics!!!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

I just cry everytime I see pictures of Claire! She is so beautiful and I just want to hold her! I'm glad you are enjoying her so much and Jon did such a great job that first week! love you guys and miss you more than I can say!

Jyl said...

I just barely saw this blog. I feel like I have been so out of things preparing for Scot's big wedding day. I am so excited to come see you guys in two days! These pictures and commentary were the best. Claire is beautiful and changing every day!! Jon is a HERO!! Love ya, MOM