Sunday, June 10, 2012

Part 1: Week with GrandMare

Our sweet GrandMare came to visit this week! Several people commented at church that she could be Jon's sister, she looks so young! Enjoy some pics of our time with her!
Bedtime stories


Bathtime!  My favorite :)




Making our own little pizzas!



Aren't my kids sweet?  I love this picture :)
Gotta love Emmie's extra dark eyebrow....Em put some makeup on with GrandMare that morning


I don't think Mare ever set this baby down!  It was so fun to see how much she adored this little precious Claire




Naptime...if these two could sleep at the same time every day, my life would be bliss. 2 kids napping=mommy napping

Curlers!  I remember my mom putting these in my hair for special occasions.

The special occasion this time was joy school graduation the next day.



Even Luker got to join in on the fun!

These are some pictures of my joy school kids
Here we are re-enacting the "Caps for Sale" story. I am the peddler and they are the monkeys stealing my hats. I swear we could have played this game all day and they would be content
celebrating a birthday at the park for joy school



The big day arrived!  My joy school friends covered my teaching days after I had the baby. I said I felt good enough to host joy school the week GrandMare came. It just so happened to be our last week of joy school. I had so much fun planning the graduation. It was so fun to have GrandMare there too. She taught this same curriculum to Jon when he was Emmie's age!  She helped a lot by watching Miss Claire so I could get everything else done.

The kids painted their caps the day before. Emmie looked so cute that day with her curly hair.

These are the sweet kids I've been able to work with the past few months. We also love and miss our Utah Joy School friends! 
I had a really special moment with Em at the graduation. The kids all lined up to sing the "joy school pep song."  They had practiced it during one of the classes.  I had some pom poms from Aunt Hannah that they used while singing it.  Another mommy led the song. As I watched Emmie, I just had this really cool "proud mommy moment."  She was SO excited to sing this song. She was loud and proud and knew all the words.  She was jumping up and down and looked so happy!  The other kids were a little shy about singing it in front of everyone.  Emmie was kind of looking at them like "come on guys, sing and dance with me!"  When they still didn't get into it, she just thought "Oh well, I'm going to go for it." She just kept singing and dancing and loving it.  I was so proud of her enthusiasm, self-confidence and happiness.  She is such a sweetheart. It brings tears to my eyes to picture her in that moment. I am SO GRATEFUL Heavenly Father sent Emmie to my home nearly 5 years ago.  It has been a JOY to be her teacher this past year!

The graduate with baby sister


This was GrandMare during some of the joy school.  Do you think she had a hard assignment or what? She told me that this is what HEAVEN is going to be like for her :)


We are SO grateful Mom Mare came to spend the week with us. I have more pictures to post of our fun week with her. We are going through "Grammy Ann" withdrawals!



These kids LOVE their sister

She's a really good sport about it :)  Happy Week to all!



3 comments:

Jyl said...

Looks like you had a great week with Marianne there. So glad she could come and be with you and your family. You look so good Shae and sounds like you are able to enjoy life's daily joys! Marianne is definitely blessed with hair fixing talent. I know I am not!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Congrats Em on the joyschool graduation! Loved the curlers and the girls laughed at Lukie with the curlers. Thanks for sharing your mommy moment with cute Emmie- I could just picture it. She is so enthusiastic anyway! We miss that girl- we went to "Emmie's Park" today and always miss you gusy. Claire is so adorable and so happy she is smiling- makes it all worth it! love you guys!

helen said...

I LOVE that last picture. Emmie is such a doll, especially with the curly hair. Delicious! Congrats on "graduation"!

Love
Erin and the boys