Wednesday, February 6, 2013

One Year Mark

A year ago today we moved to Oakton Virginia from Bountiful Utah.  It has been quite the adventure. I am happy to report that it has been a very positive adventure.  I am mostly happy I get to share all the ups and downs of our life roller coaster with these amazing souls.   



(Skiing over Christmas break)
I am also happy and grateful that we have survived our first year here!  I was very anxious about moving across the country and away from family, about the long days by myself with the kids due to Jon's commute, and about having baby Claire here. I can honestly look back and see the Lord's hand in every one of those concerns.  He knows our hearts and blesses our lives in ways we can't always see at the time. It has been a year of learning to trust Him.

3 comments:

Jyl said...

I am so thrilled that you have learned the real secret of life...Putting your Trust in God! I am so glad you can look back and see his hand in your life. You have done some amazing things in your life with his help. Love you and all your beautiful family!!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Can't believe it has been a year! You have the most beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

We are glad that we have a fellow east coast fam out here!:) Love you guys!