Friday, October 26, 2007

2 weeks old!

Cute as a button! Our dear Emmie turned 2 weeks old today. She had her first outing to the doctor's office this morning. I was grateful Grannie Jyl came with me as it was a new experience for me to leave the house as a mommy!
















Emmie is definitely her daddy's girl as the mornings are not her favorite. We had to wake her up to take her to the doctor's. We were so happy to find out that she now weighs 7 lbs 12 oz, a whole pound more than when she was born. She loves her mommy's milk! Every thing else looked good at her checkup. Emmeline was so brave and didn't even cry when the doctor was probing her.















We know that Emmie is not deprived of kisses!


















Definitely a daddy's girl.





















She loves that silly little binky from the hospital. She won't take any other one. She was giving Jon some great looks the other day while they were spending some daddy-daughter time together.

















Uncle Mitchie comes over for lunch some days as he has some time between classes at the U. He helped me bathe her the other day. She was relieved to be wrapped up in his arms after it was all done.





















I love visitors! Charley, Rachael and John brought me lunch the other day. I was so excited for Charley to meet Emmie. I couldn't believe how big Charley is now. I swear she was just a little baby 3 weeks ago! Charley was so cute with the baby. She even started crying when the baby cried.

















"Gra-Mare" loves her little grandbaby. Emmie was so content with Grandma. She sat so still in her arm for a couple of hours. I think she recognizes Grandma's voice from when she was in the womb.




















Uncle Lukie came to meet his niece. We are excited for Luke to be an Uncle to our kids.




















Mariah and Doug came from Provo to visit us. Before they know it, they will be posing with their own kids! They will be great parents. We are so grateful for all our friends and family who have come to visit us and bring us gifts. We couldn't be more blessed.

1 comment:

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Shae and jon and Emmie-
LOVED all the pics! I still can't get over how beautiful she is! the headband looked cute too... its funny how small they are in the carseat those first weeks! I'm soooo glad she gained weight and is healthy! you are so blessed to have such a precious little soul! we need to come see you again. I always am thinking about you and want to call, but don't want to wake you if you are sleeping or something- i know how precious sleep is! so call me anytime, if you need anything of just to chat. love ya,
ray