Sunday, October 14, 2007

Emmeline Shae is here!
What a wild ride this has been! Emmeline Shae Featherstone was born on October 12th, 2007 at 1:40 p.m. She is 6 lb. 15 oz, and 20 in. long. Both mom and baby are doing great. We are truly blessed. Let's introduce you to the newest member of the Featherstone fam.

15

This is our little girl just a few minutes after she was born. She did so great during the labor process.

14

Right after she was born, they put her up on momma and got a little oxygen to her. She looks pretty good for having gone through a 10 cm little space. One of the first things that we were able to see was all of her beautiful brown hair. Little foxy brunette just like her mamma.

13

Would you look this good if you had gone through intense labor for 12 hours un-medicated??? My wife is an amazing person. She has so much faith and was strengthened so much during a truly traumatizing time. (she says that she wouldn't recommend natural childbirth to anyone... what were we thinking?)

12

The proud parents.

11

Here's our little girl after her bath. Sometimes the fathers go in and witness this moment, but I was completely knackerd, so I stayed back with mom. Isn't she beautiful?

10

Here's first time Grandma and Aunt. They weren't excited at all to hold this baby. This little girl doesn't have a chance, they will completely spoil her.

9

Here's first time Grandpa. We were thinking about calling him "Grandpa Joe" like on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We will see.

7

Of course Papa and Granny Jyl came to meet grandbaby number 6.

6

Uncle Jaymer!!!!

5

Aunt Shelb, Uncle Parker, Uncle Hizzle.

4



3

We love the Mow-Hawk. We didn't think that she would have so much hair. Thank goodness she got her mom's hair genes.

2

This is Emmie sleeping back at home in her little basonet. (thanks Uncle Juan and Aunt Rach)

1

Some sweet nap time with Dad. I love my little girl.

14 comments:

Doug said...

What a beautiful little girl! Mariah and I are so excited for you guys.

Mariah said...

Emmeline is SO CUTE!!!!! I can't wait to see her in person. Doug and I were so excited when we saw that you had posted pictures. I really can't get over how cute she is. I know that you guys will be great parents. Emmie is so blessed to have come to your home!

Unknown said...

Shae! She is so perfect! You guys did a good job. I was so pumped to just find your blog (through Hailey,then Lindsey, then you). I can't believe you had NO medication!!! You're a better woman than me! Can't wait to meet the little bugger. Congratulations! Love, Steff

John and Rachael Alexander said...

YEAAAAHHH!! Thanks for the pictures! she is gorgeous, gorgeous, I still can't get over how perfect and tiny she is. I can't wait to see her again. we love you guys and charley is so excited for her little girl cousin to play with!
love rach and charley

The Parkers said...

Oh My Word she is so adorable Shae and Jon and I love the name emme very cute. I cant wait to come and meet her. I think your crazy for going all natural shae I know i could never do that. but good job and dont I will take the advice on Not doing that. Congratulations again shes so cute.
Love Lu and Phil

Spen said...

Congrats!!!! we love you guys and can't wait to see her at X-mas. Thanks for posting these pictures they brought a smile to my face on a very bad day.

Jyl said...

I loved seeing all the pictures. Can't believe you guys are on the ball and posting pictures already! You are amazing. Emmeline is soooo cute and we can't wait to see her again. Love, Granny Jyl

Pat Carver said...

Congrats you guys! She's Darling! Now keep this site updated so we can watch her grow!

Anonymous said...

She is SOOO beautiful!!! We are so excited to see her in a few months!! You are AWESOME for going au natural! It is such a rush! And I can't believe how on top of things you are to already have pics up!! Enjoy your sweet little blessing(sweet pic of jon and Emmie)!

Nana

Tara said...

Shae!!! Wow! She is gorgeous!!! You look great too in the pictures! All yours and Jon's sibs look so different from what I remember! I found your blog through Steff and perfect timing too!!!

Erin & Mike Featherstone said...

Congratulations Jon and Shae. What a perfect little girl. We can't wait to see your family of THREE over Thanksgiving. Love,
Uncle Mike (wow--what a title) and Aunt Erin (double wow)

lauren said...

Okay, I have to say that Emmeline is so dang cute! I can't wait to see her. And what a darling name. I remember the story. Love you guys! :D

-your fav cuz, lar :D

Adair said...

Shae she is so beautiful and you look outstanding! We miss you. Enjoy the time with your little baby and don't worry about doing anything else.

Adair

Beth said...

Congrats Jon and Shae! We are so happy for you! I can't wait to see her! I'm sorry I have been such a lame friend and haven't seen or talked to you in months! I have a gift for the little cutie so we will have to get together soon. Love you Shae! You've always been an amazing friend! You'll make a great mother!