Friday, November 16, 2007

Bonding Time With Emmie

Emmie is 5 weeks old today! Every day makes us feel more and more lucky that she is in our family. Mommy loves to be with her little girl. However, there always tends to be pictures of daddy and her bonding and never of mommy. This seems pretty ironic since mom is with Emmie from 6 in the morning on (sometimes 2 am, sometimes 4 am, etc). I guess the fact that I'm in my PJs during all hours would account for the fact that there aren't many pictures of me. Emmie is all bundled up in a cute bear outfit that Charley used to wear.
















They seem to bond best this way!!





















We tried putting Emmie in her backpack carrier but we decided she will like it much better when she is bigger and can see more than daddy's hairy chest!!!!

8 comments:

Tara said...

You really are not required to change out of your pj's until they are at least 3 months! And even then...

Anonymous said...

Beana, thanks for the update. I had to laught about your comment that you're not in any of the pics, because that is how it goes!! Dad's don't think to take the picture. In fact, there are no pics of me and the twins in the hospital-only of the babes, and Spen and the babes(even one with spen in MY hospital bed, asleep, holding them both...not quite sure how that happenend...) I'm sorry that Emmmie has some stomach problems-I know how hard a fussy baby can be!! Hang in there, she's still just a sweet little newborn! Can't wait to see her next month!! We love you guys!!!(love the lion towell-heehee)

Nana

Erin & Mike Featherstone said...

Love it! Before you know it she will be big enough to see out of the carrier...but hopefully not before we get to meet her. Shae, good talking to you yesterday...and we can't wait for next Thursday...

Adair said...

I love your blog. Wow, your little Emmie is absolutely beautiful! I am so excited to start coming back and introducing Maggie to her new little buddy!

~adair~

Mariah said...

Wow, Emmie is getting so big!!!! Doug and I want to come see her again soon!

Swan Family said...

Hi Shae! Yep, one thing leads to another and we all find each other's blogs. Isn't being a mom the best thing? Caleb just turned one and I can't believe how fast this past year has gone. Hopefully I'll get to see you guys during Christmas break.

Rindi said...

Shae,
I am so happy to have found your blog! Joni told us about it! Your little Emmie is so beautiful! I love her name (I have an Emma..and I sometimes call her Emmy), and you look so great. Congratulations! Enjoy this sweet time of life!
Love, Your cousin Rindi

Eardley Family said...

Shae,
Your going to feel like the Hawses are coming out in force today. Joni told us about your blog and I was excited to see how you are doing. Your baby is adorable. Her hair is so cute. You guys are such a cute family. Rindi and I also have blogs. On our blogs we have links to many of our cousins. I think it is so fun to see what everyone is up to. It is so fun to "see you"!!

Your cousin Sunee