Monday, September 22, 2008

Our Favorite Time of Year

It's funny how Jon's likes and dislikes rub off on me more and more as time goes on (and lingo such as "party foul," "edumacation," "Oh Shatner," etc). He has always LOVED the Fall. I never thought much about it until I married him. Now I agree with him. It is the perfect weather, the earth is beautiful with all the changes, some of the greatest holidays are on their way, it smells so good outside, and there are some fun things to do before it gets too cold. Oh, and did I mention it is a very ROMANTIC time of year too? When sweater season starts, you need someone to snuggle up to, ya know?











Well this Fall we went on hike in Provo with our friends, the Heders. I lived in Provo for two years and never heard about this jewel (why didn't anyone tell the tenets of DT that there was one thing fun to do in Provo? hahhaah). I don't even know what this place is called or where exactly in the Provo mountains it is. (Trust me, Diana and I were driving up the canyon for miles when Jon and Adam rounded the corner in the other car yelling out the window and honking their horn to get us to stop. Apparently they had been doing this for at least a mile. Diana and I were totally oblivious to the fact that we had passed the turn off by about 12 miles! hhahaha. So yeah, don't ask me for directions there). Anyway, our destination was a waterfall and several hot springs we could swim in. Cool huh!

















Em wasn't much of a hiker but she LOVED the hot springs. I was so glad they weren't too hot for babies. It was just like her tub water (with a bunch of weird green floaties). She would splash and splash us with the water.

















The waterfall, me, and Em snacking on some goldfish. I even stuck my head under the waterfall just for the experience.

















Diana, Madeline, Emmeline and me. Thanks Heders!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Yeah! We had so much fun thanks for coming with us!!