Sunday, June 21, 2009

We Love our Daddy

I wanted to post a tribute to Jon on Father's Day because he is the best dad in the world to our little Em. This picture was taken when we went fishing a couple of weeks ago. I love it. They were running around in this field together and playing with the big grass weeds in the water. For as much as a mama's girl Em is, she really does love being with her daddy.

















Living so close to Jon's work has been a huge blessing because we get to pick him up almost every day for lunch. Lately we have been going to different parks for picnics. Em is never interested in the food because there are "sides" and "wings."




















Em and Jon are good little buddies now. It wasn't always like this and Em still has her major "I can't survive if I'm not in Mom's arms" moments. However, props to Jon because he is one of the most involved dads I know and has weasled his way into Em's little heart. Lately when he leaves for work, she will ask throughout the day "daddy go?" or she'll go look out the window for the car and say "see daddy." She also likes to hide in this little blankie hut in her room. Every time we go in there, she puts her finger to her lips and says "shhhh, daddy," hoping daddy will come find her. Then anytime she does something out of the ordinary (like put black olives on her fingers, or put on mommy's makeup, or put on daddy's shoes) she says "daddy" because she wants to go and show him. It has been the neatest thing for me to see them form this bond. Jon, I really appreciate your ability to walk through the door every evening, lay work aside, and help out in whatever way you can. You truly do honor the noble callings of husband and father. We love you!





















I also wanted to tell my dad how much I love him this day. He is "papa" to Emmie and as you can see in this picture, she likes to feed him! This was taken at Thanksgiving dinner. We went to Little America for the big feast and the only thing Em wanted to eat was chicken fingers. My dad gladly accepted her offer! Papa loves his grandkids and spoils them with his attention and affection just as he always has with his own kids. My dad is a big softie and cries when he talks about how much he loves his family. That is something I have never doubted--how much my dad loves me. He would sacrifice anything for anyone in our family. He is always so concerned about our well being and happiness. He also has a strong testimony of his Savior and I am so grateful he shares that with us. We love you papa!









I think I pretty much lucked out with my father-in-law. Jon's dad is the greatest. I love this picture of Jon and his parents rocking out to karaoke. One thing that brings their family together is music. One thing I love about "Grandpa Joe" is the way he brings his family together. They always want to spend time together because they have so much fun together. Joe is the first to crack jokes, razz people and get us all laughing. Then Jama will get us laughing with some story and Joe and Luke will start wheezing and then we are all dying from tummy aches laughing. I also love Joe's ability to bring his family together spiritually. He not only reads scriptures with them, but shares openly how he is applying the scriptures in his life and the help that he needs from the Lord. He is the hardest working, most humble, generous, gracious man I know. He is also an amazing chef (my favorite being French Dip) and I am so glad he has passed on his love and talent for cooking to my sweetheart, Jon! Thanks for all you do and are Joe!

4 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Wonderful Papas all around!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

loved your tributes! you are a lucky girl! love all the new pics of em and what you have been up too!

Taylor Perkins said...

That was so wonderful, Shae. You are so good to specifically give thanks for qualities and characteristics of others. You are very sincere and I love that about you! Love, MOM

Taylor Perkins said...

Just saw I was on the Lawn Squad email with this and my last comment. Hilarious! Lawn Squad is taking over! MOM