Thursday, August 13, 2009

More Happenings

We had an uplanned Marsden Reunion last week as my brother Spencer and his wife Dian surprised us with a visit from Texas (They are now a family of 7 with the newest addition of 6 week old baby Sophia). It was a blast! I had so much fun with my whole family. It has been so long since that has happened. How long do you think Mom? This is a picture of the whole crew (well, sorry Shelby, only half of your head made it in the pic!) All 8 grandkids were there plus my belly represents baby #9 on the way. Oops, and Jon just pointed out that Spen, Scot and Parker are not in this picture. I guess I just missed that since all the Marsdens look the same. Well, we were all there at one point or another during the week.












A favorite activity of the kids was playing "pizza" or "popcorn" on the tramp. Here they all lie very still as Uncle Parker puts all the toppings on them before putting them in the oven to cook.



















Spen and Diana have two twin boys (Owen on left and Hudson at far right). If you enlarge this picture you can see how much Emmie resembles the twins. She could be their triplet! Most espeically I think her and Hudson have similar faces/noses. They also had very similar personalities. We loved getting to know them more!




















Lagoon Day with cousin Brenna. We had so much fun with Aunt Dosy, Tima, Brenna and Tess at Lagoon. Em loved having a friend on all the rides.


















This little girl was so brave on the bumble bee. If any of you can remember this ride, is is a wild one for kids. It whips the kids around very fast and they can pull on the bar to go up high (some of the characters are dumbo and other animals). Emmy was hilarious. She pulled on the bar the entire time and whipped around way up high. Her facial expression was like "woah, this is pretty crazy!" She seemed to enjoy it and didn't cry as I thought she might. I love when she surprises me like that!





















I had the time of my life watching Miss Em.




















Our first camping experience.....
This is Jon and Emmie in the morning after sleeping all night in the tent (or not sleeping). We didn't realize how cold it would be in the Uintahs in August. Oh my, Jon's head got so cold in the middle of the night he stole Emmy's hat and completely stretched it out. It was hilarious! Emmy was snug as a bug with her 5-6 layers and an amazing sleeping bag/3 blankies, my large socks on her feet, etc. (I don't pack lightly). I was proud of how well Emmy did her first time in a tent. She didn't wake up once. However, Jon and I were unprepared for the cold as were the rest of my family who came. It made for a great experience. We were all glad when morning came so we could stop pretending to sleep!




















Emmy was super happy to wake up and find both Mommy and Daddy on either side of her. I definitely look refreshed and well rested, don't ya think?





















Jon was crazy, die hard and left the tent at 7am to go fly fishing down at the lake. I couldn't even get near the lake until about 10 am. The three hours before that I pretty much spent in and out of the parked car, blasting the heat! Jon caught two fish. Way to go babe!





















Midget Shelby with the giant pink crocs showing us how cold it was.





















Emmy had a blast running around, tripping on logs and finding flowers for everyone.





















I love this pictures of Emmy and Granny!

5 comments:

Paige said...

Holy cow! Look at how big your whole family is getting, and look how long your hair is! I love it! I am so excited that you are having another baby. I am sure "it" will be just as cute as your little Em - she is a doll!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

oh... made me so sad we weren't there camping! hahaha even with the cold. thanks for all the pics! love them!

Ben said...

Jon! I like the pink hat on ya, dude!
I'm giving you a call this week, so keep your phone on!
We need to get the crew together. It's been way way too long.
Congrats on the little guy on the way!

Laters,

- Ben

Jyl said...

Shae-It has been a great month and I am glad I was in on most of your fun!! Loved the post, Mom

Tima said...

Hey Shae! We have enjoyed our little outtings with you and Emmy. Brenna mentions Emmy's name everyday, just yesterday she was talking to herself and I over heard her say, "Come on Emmy, lets play!" =) Hope you're doing alright!