Monday, August 10, 2009

Recap of the Last Month

Saying Goodbye to Baby Andrew, Mike and Erin. Emmy still talks about them and loves to ride in "Baby Andoos stroller" at GraMare's house. Aren't their blue eyes adorable???
















Our amazing, rejuvenating vacation to San Diego. And yes, we left Emmy with her wonderful grandparents, otherwise the word rejuvenating would probably not describe the vacation! I want to thank our families again for watching Em while we took this get-a-way to our honeymoon spot (Coronado Island). This time we stayed downtown San Diego and went to Seaworld, spent a lot of time on the beach, ate good food and just enjoyed the time together. Thanks for a great time Noj!



















Need I say more??




















We also had the chance to go through a session at the San Diego temple. It was gorgeous and the spirit of the temple was such a highlight of our trip.


















When we got back, Jon had nose surgery to fix his deviated sceptum. I decided to spare you all of pictures from that exciting time in Jon's life! It was a hard two week recovery, but Jon is breathing now.....through his nose (I understand that two weeks without breathing would be fatal). He can also successfully blow his nose which wasn't really possible before! I am glad you are feeling better babe. While he was laying in bed moaning and miserable, Emmy and I went to the 24th parade with the Feathies.




















My sweet mother-in-law and best grandma to Em.




















Em plugged her ears a lot with all the sirens. It was so cute! I think that is when she learned the meaning of the word "loud" because ever since then she uses it in the right context.



















My sister-in-law Hannah was in the parade with the BHS cheerleading squad. She is an amazing tumbler and I caught a video of her flawless moves!







The other highlight of this month was our outing to the Oquirrah Mountain Temple Open House with Sue, and her two kids. Here are Emmy, Pauline and Chadwick all squished into the back seat of our car!


















Sue was a good friend from our Salt Lake Ward. She really enjoyed the temple as it was her first time inside of one. She is preparing to get a temple recommend. Her excitement throughout the open house was contagious. Her kids were so good the entire time. We went on a very busy night and didn't end up going through the temple until 10pm! Emmy, Chadwick and Pauline kept themselves entertained by pushing the two strollers around the grass. They actually did really well considering the late hour and I count that as a blessing. It was neat to have Em see the temple. She talks about it now and especially likes looking at pictures of the baptismal font. She remembers the "water" and that Jesus was "batized." The other day I asked her what she wanted to do that day. She said "tempol, Pauline!" Whenever we pass a temple (or a chapel for that matter) she says "tempol mommy, tempol!" I hope that love for the temple continues throughout her life.






















I was so happy that my dad came with us too. He was so good with the kids and Chadwick really liked him. I remember my dad telling me how going to the temple elevates us more than anything else. Every activity we do in a day after going to the temple is never quite as uplifting as being in that Sacred House. He helped us drive out the big group. Jon came too but somehow he was always the photographer and never in the pics.





















We have also been to Lagoon twice in the past month! Once with Granny Jyl, and once with cousin Brenna. Emmy loved being with her Granny and I now know why taking kids to Lagoon is one of my Mom's simple pleasures in life. It was a blast to watch Em get so excited on the rides and I plan on taking her any chance I get!


















Our little fam on the wild kingdom train (which wasn't very wild because all the animals were inside sleeping or didn't exist at all!) Jon and I even went on a ride together "Tilt a Whirl." It had been a long time since I'd been an a ride like that and I ignored the "use common sense if pregnant" warning and went anyway. I'm not sure if "noodle" (Charley's nickname for our baby boy) appreciated my judgement, but we had a good time anyway. Jon was a good sport and came too. He still hadn't fully recovered from the nose surgery and I think all our activities that week brought on another infection.....uh oh. You can thank your wife who always overschedules us. Thank goodness for antibiotics



















Emmy's favorite---the "hoe-sies"



















She also loved the boats. I don't have the pictures to post of her trip with Brenna but she was even more brave that day and tried some pretty wild rides. She really surprised me!



















And our little Em isn't so little anymore. She just keeps growing and turning into a sweet toddler. Here she is modeling some winter boots she likes to wear around the house.























Her hair is so long now she can wear it in a ponytail!




















And her latest phrase to say good bye "See ya layta"

7 comments:

Ben said...

Wow, you guys had a busy (and fun) month!
San Diego is so amazing - I love that photo of the beach. I am glad you guys got to go.
Em is growing so fast - she is so dang cute. I remember playing on those boats at Lagoon when I was little. I feel old. (:
We miss you guys - Let us know if you ever have a free evening to hang out.

Unknown said...

It was so great to see you last week! Camryn & Brooklyn ended up going on a bunch of rides. You're right- nobody cares if little kids have tickets! So who did Jon's surgery? Nic had his septum "fixed" a couple years ago (horrible recovery) and it did him no good. Poor guy. Stock did his surgery. Anyway, I realized the other day that we really need to hang out! Email me your phone number (ya, they all got rinsed out of my old phone), and I'll call you sometime to play. Maybe we can jump on the Davis's tramp or something ;)

John and Rachael Alexander said...

so cute, love all the pics and somehow I didn't talk to you about the Oquirrh temple open house, that is so awesome you went with Pauline... and 10 pm. what the??

Grand Pooba said...

What a fun summer you are having! Your hair is getting so long! Am I going to see you this saturday?

Jyl said...

Great blogging Shae! The summer has flown by and you had some great times and not so great--ie.Jon's surgery Love ya, MOM

Aymee said...

Sounds like you had a fun month, mostly. I'm jealous of your get away. We still haven't done that since the kids have been around! I still feel so bad from when you came up. We need to get together soon, so I can make it up to you.....

Ivins Family said...

Poor Jon and the Deviated septum. Hopefully all is better now. We miss you guys we need to get together! I can't believe how much Emmeline has grown up. The last time we saw her she was just a few weeks old! Crazy! Let's get her and Gracie playing together.