Monday, December 28, 2009

Lucas and Emmeline

Here are a few picture updates of our last month. Today is my birthday and it has been one of the best ones yet. I think having a newborn around makes everything that much better. Also, I got so many birthday messages from friends and family that made me smile in between naps and changing diapers :). Jon and Emmeline made it the best day too. Emmy sang me happy birthday at least 10 times and Jon brought me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers and my favorite dinner. He has been the biggest help the past month. I couldn't have asked for a better husband. I don't have the pictures from my birthday yet but here is a peek into our lives since Luke was born. . .

Emmy and Luke on a blankie ride






















I love newborn bodies.....so little! I love how they scrunch all their limbs together. He has already grown so much since I took this picture.





















A full belly makes a very content baby!


























A pic of the umbilical cord....Emmy was fascinated by his black belly button. Now it's not so cool anymore!























Charley and Brittana are so cute with him.





















My brother Scot didn't make it to the hospital to meet Luke but he came later and probably scared Emmy because he was wearing a Santa hat! We've had so many friends and family come and visit and also babysit Emmy. We are so blessed to have all of you! Thank you.





















Jon and Em have become the best of buds. Between buying and decorating the Christmas tree. . .

























And going to nursery together. . .
























Emmy has, more than ever, become her daddy's little girl
























We love this little guy so much! He's our little monkey...referring to the jammies he's wearing and not the big hands (althouth he did inherit my big hands and long fingers)!


























These two have already become the best of buds. "I like Lukie Ben"...a comment Em made earlier today. Here she wanted me to wrap her in a baby burrito just like her "sister Luke..." She hasn't quite matched the brother/sister titles with the right gender! I love it.

8 comments:

Eliza said...

I should not look at your new little man because his cuteness (especially the: A full belly makes a very content baby! picture) is making me more than a bit baby hungry!!

Congrats and happy birthday!

Jyl said...

Glad you had a great birthday! Pictures and comments are great! Luke is really growing and changing every time we see him! Love you and your little family! MOM

Nick and Erica Hart said...

Happy Birthday yesterday Shae!! What a great birthday present. He already looks so different since I last saw him! What a lucky mom you are and what a lucky family you have to have you as their mom. :)

Grand Pooba said...

Awwwww! How cute! I love his tootsie roll blanket. Happy late birthday!

carolee said...

Oh my word, your kids are darling! Love the tootsie roll blanket! Can we come pick up Emme next week? Sorry, we've passed the sickies around the last couple weeks amongst the Holidays! :)

John and Rachael Alexander said...

So cute! Love this post with all the pictures of cute em and lukie b. GLad you had a happy birthday!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Best (very late) bday wishes to you Shae! And guess what, i didn't realize this but my little boy was born on your bday....how cool is that?! Very exciting!:) And congratulations on your new little lucas...he's an angel and the blonde hair is killing me....love it!!:) Glad you're all doing well!

abo-bder said...


v
faniyin
f
i
l