Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Who's Who?



Emmy or Luke? These two pictures show the incredible phenomena that our two kids could be identical twins. The other day I was looking through Em's baby pictures and noticed how similar they are to Luke's pictures now. I told Jon, "I want to find out the exact date those Christmas pictures of Emmy were taken so I can figure out exactly how old she was. Then I want to take a picture of Luke in the same outfit when he is exactly that same age and compare the pictures side by side." I got some pen and paper that very second and figured out Emmy's age was 1 month and 22 days. I then looked at the calendar to see when Luke would be 1 month and 22 days. NO JOKE---It was that very day. I shouted to Jon "Oh my gosh, Luke is 1 month and 22 days TODAY!!! This is crazy!!" Can you believe it? I thought it was the coolest coincidence ever--in fact I really can't think of another coincidence that has made me more excited (I think that is what being cooped up in the house for 2 months straight has done to me). We dressed Luke up in the Christmas outfit (1 month after Christmas) and set him on the same couch, in the same position. I was very particular and wanted everything just right (sound like me?) Anyway, after taking the pictures I couldn't wait to put the sim card in the computer and see the pictures enlarged side by side. I apparently was in too much of a hurry trying to jam the sim card in the slot because what resulted was that the sim card just disappeared in the dark hole. I looked closer and realized I had dropped the sim card in the wrong slot---a slot that was too big. I couldn't reach in and get it out. Oh man! I was totally bummed. Jon said he would have to take the whole computer apart to get it! yeeeouch. So I had to wait a few days before he had time to do that (Poor Jon, if he's not worrying about Emmy messing up his computer, he has to worry about his own wife doing that instead!). But he got it out last night...thank you Jon! And these are the results (sorry for such a long story but it was seriously too dramatic for my stay-at-home-with-a-newborn life which has consisted of walking in between 3 rooms for the past several weeks. Thank you for reading all this if you made it this far!) So, take your votes---who is picture #1 and who is #2?? They even have the same smirk. I love it. The answer will come in a future post.....(dramatic music) DA DA DA......

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Left- Luke. Right-Emmie. I thought I had a theory behind the guess, but it really doesn't make any sense.. Am I right?? That's crazy how much they look alike! If you need to get out of your house, feel free to come hang with us. I usually spend the day wandering my house too. Bring on summer!!

Nick and Erica Hart said...

Shae!! That is the craziest thing that it was the SAME day! I can picture you freaking out and I would have been FREAKING out too....that it was the exact same day! Oh and that you were wanting to compare pictures right away and it got lost in the big slot in the computer! oh man! okay...so my guess is Left=Luke, Right=Emmie. I thought it was the same picture of Luke side by side! That really is crazy!

Jody Neeley said...

That is crazy! It looks like the same picture, I can't believe how much they look like eachother! I am going to guess Right - Luke and Left - Emmie, but I seriously have no idea! We would love to have Emmie come and play with Savannah soon. Give me a call!

Tara said...

Wow! I think you're tricking us and both of them are Luke!

Well, if I had to guess, I'd say that Emmie is on the left and Luke is on the right.

Aymee said...

Emmy is totally #2! They do look alike. Isn't it fun. Can't wait to see you guys.

Trisha said...

My initial guess was Emmie on the left, Luke right.... That's funny...I've done something similar with Charli and Kennedi.

Anonymous said...

Luke left and Emmers on the right-that is too crazy, though, how much alike they look! It looks like pics of hud and O-ers when they were babies! But I will say that both babies are(and were..and still are...) very cute;)

carolee said...

So, I'm totally guessing that Luke's on the left. (And that's only because I saw Luke with socks on his hands today!) I seriously cannot believe how much your kids look a like. What a couple of cuties! :)

Shellers said...

I'm gunna have to say luke left and emmy right! haha i love this!!! :)i can tell you've been cooped up!! haha! "dramatic music" DA DA DA... you crazy girl! hah

Brooke said...

Love it =they do look sooooo alike! I guess Luke left Emmy right---her head is smaller and more girly? Man I hope I am right after that comment! Hang in there--Spring will be here soon....

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Left Luke, Emmy Right. Hahahaha, I've never laughed so hard at one of your posts. Love the story behind this one. It is CRAZY how much they look the same. Cutest babies ever.

Jyl said...

I know my babies! Luke is on the left and Emmy is on the right. Luke has the more chunky cheeks! They do look a lot alike. Come see us or call for a ride if you don't have a car to get out of your apartment! Love ya, Mom