Friday, October 15, 2010

Emmie is THREE!

Our little Princess is three years old. I still cannot believe it! As you can tell, one of her favorite things to do is play "Dress ups." She makes a beautiful Aurora.


















The night before her big day, I made her request: a Penguin cake. Random, I know! She has loved Mary Poppins lately and we always sing the Penguin song about Mary....hence the writing on the cake. I got into decorating birthday cakes when I would see the amazing cakes my sister-in-law, Diana, would make for her kids. Both her and Rach have made some darling ones. It is a fun tradition. My mom was always so great to grant our requests for birthday cakes too. She was amazing and would actually draw the picture instead of piecing it together. I remember my favorite cake was a "My Big Sister" cake. The doll she drew on the cake looked just like my own doll. It might just be my favorite from pictures though because I think I was only turning three, right mom?




















This was Em when she first woke up.





















It was a cold morning and I was rushing around getting ready for the day's activities. I couldn't find anything warm for Luke to wear (he doesn't have much, poor guy!) so I put him in one of Em's sweatshirts......needless to say I did NOT read the lettering until later and I couldn't help but laughing out loud at my amazing choice of shirts:












Yes, it does say "Girls will be girls" and Luke's expression is priceless!







We made sure to put the sweatshirt on Emmie before Daddy came home and saw his son's masculinity slowly diminishing.





















We went to Discovery Gateway for a daytime activity. It was a lot of fun.




















That night we surprised Emmie with a family party at Jungle Jim's playland. The Merry-Go-Round was her first ride.























Charley, Em and Brittana were the threesome on all the rides.




















The Featherstone look of surprise....you knew it would be somewhere on this blog post!



















I hardly got any pictures of the Feathies or the Marsdens (Rach usually takes care of those photography details.....we love you Ray!) Here is cute Kate to represent the Feathies (and Scottie looking creepy in the background).




















And here is my mom riding with Lukie to represent the Marsdens :) We were laughing because as adults, when you go up high on the airplanes, it looks like your head will hit the ceiling! We all enjoyed going on the rides with the kids. (well, minus the spinny ride which we convinced Jon to take the kids on)




















The spinny ride....all passengers survived without throwing up which I know hasn't been the case in the past for Jon's side of the family!


















And of course Charley to represent the Alexanders :) She is the best buddy to Emmie.




















Nice nose shot Em! She insisted on wearing her new high heels. It was so cute!

























Lukie's moment of fun came when he got to ride behind the wheel! Charley was so sweet to make sure he stayed sitting straight up. So classic to see this little guy on such a big kid ride!























Emmie chose the wild roller coaster to be our last ride of the night. I was grateful I didn't get sick :) Her smile says how she felt about the night. Thanks for everyone who came. We love you and Emmie has been in heaven with all your fun gifts! We missed Spen, Nana, Mitch, Sam, Mike Erin, Luke, Scot, Parker and families.
















Em fell asleep in her new Princess tent after a fun, exhausting day.





















She woke up bright and early the next morning (always too early) and went through all her new stuff. I loved watching her put on all her accessories.
























I snapped the earrings on a little too hard and the alligator tears were cute only because she was all dressed up!




















After seeing Shelby and Hannah dance a lot this year, Emmie has come up with some pretty amazing dance moves! She loves to show them off so next time you see her, tell her you want to see her famous princess dances :) (She broke off two heels from her new shoes the day after she opened them if that tells you anything about her intense dancing!!!) WE LOVE YOU MISS EM!!

4 comments:

Jyl said...

Such a fun birthday girl and day! I thought you might blog while Jon was off on his fishing overnighter! Love ya!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Sounds like a fun birthday! I loved the cake! I was totally impressed by your talent. It was really cute, Ainsley is totally into Mary poppins right now too! We listen to her songs in the car all the time! Happy birthday Em!

Nick and Erica Hart said...

haha-- Luke's shirt, "Girls will be girls." That is classic. I can just picture you laughing out loud. And I can't believe she is 3 already! That picture of her standing by the wall with her name is "all girl"--just by the way she is standing...oh she is so cute in that princess outfit.

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Such great pictures! Emmie is adorable and what a full fun birthday! Jungle Jim's was the best... I can't believe we hadn't been there before. Love ya!