Friday, August 10, 2012

Beach Trip!

I am finally getting around to posting about our Beach Trip to Delaware when Shelby came to visit. It has been fun looking through the pictures and reliving the memories (Thanks goes to Shelbs for all the photos) Starting off the beach trip right.....Jon installed these portable DVD players in the car.

The kids were fascinated....as shown above :)

Lolli pops and shows made for a smooth ride!


Crossing the Chesapeake Bay

Em excited about the hotel.  We can't remember the last time we've stayed in a hotel with the kids.  Jon researched our trip and I give him the credit for finding the perfect hotel. It was a 3 min. walk to the beach. This made the trip wonderful for our newborn!

The kids had SO MUCH fun in the sand

Shelbs was the biggest help!  It was so nice to have three adults and three kids. 

I have to say that this felt like a true vacation and not just a "trip" with kids.  I had the best time!

Perfect, if only Luke's eyes weren't closed :)

Luke and his rake

Nice shot of the beach....no that is no Jon sporting his "Kye boy" hat has Luke calls it.


The kids picked out these "football" water bottles before the trip. It was hard to keep these guys hydrated. They didn't even want to stop for lunch. They are die hard beach babies

Ahh the beach...

Ahhh, the sweetie!

We called Emmie "the Ladybug girl" on the trip

Eating at Five Guys after a long, hot day

I guess Luke had some five guys and a big sub. Hungry boy! 

Emmie met new friends on the beach.  These two girls were so cute together




Gotta love the barbie's hair blowing in the wind....it actually just stays that way permanently now from all the sand!

The bubs

The kids were totally excited about the indoor pool at our hotel.  We went from salt water to chlorinated water...yay!

I love swimming with my kids. It is one of my favorite activities to do with them.  It was nice because the kids did love the beach, but they wanted to be able to actually get in some water and swim around instead of always getting knocked over by the tide!

Love this crew

Twinner hair

checkin out the boardwalk in the evening....


Eating some Mexican food. Luke LOVES chips and salsa.  He is our "spicy" boy because he likes a lot of hot, spicy food. So funny. I was not like that as a child. I still remember dipping my tortilla chips in my glass of ice water at Mexican restaurants....I guess because I thought you had to dip them in something?

Yay for ice cream....Luke is drooling ice cream

Love this kid

My Claire Bear did so good on this trip.  I had so much fun with her.

I was TOTALLY stoked to find Zoltar. I've been looking for him my entire life...hahaha.  But truly I was excited to see him after being obsessed with the show BIG when I was little :)

Girl's night out. Actually that night Shelbs and I took a midnight walk on the beach and contemplated life... :)  So fun to spend all this time with my little sis!

More of our beach. Their were always a lot of people but we never felt crowded for some reason. There is always plenty of sand and water for everyone :)



Finding seashells

The second day was perfect because the waves had calmed down.  We could take the kids out past the breaker waves

Missin Aunt Shelbs!!  She played all day in the water with these guys. They would "jump" over the waves

Forgot Claire's diapers one day so she hung out in one of Luke's swim diapers. I think it is time to potty train Lukie. No one should have to wear diapers that big!!

This is one of my favorite things to do in the sand.  When I was little, it was more fun to be the person being buried. Why is it that now I prefer the other job? (something about being covered in sand that doesn't sound as appealing anymore)


Shelbs was a good sport and let us bury her.

Reenacting the mud mauling days with Uncle Bob's kids.  Check out Luke's fighter pose


These two were SO SWEET to each other the whole trip.  It was refreshing for me because we have been dealing with a lot of sibling rivalry at home.

Couldn't get enough of this spontaneous hand holding!

Shelbs got this on camera.....Claire smiling at herself in the mirror!

View from the top of our hotel

Fun land!!  The boardwalk at Rehobath Beach was perfect for us. They had a "mini Lagoon" just a few min. walk from our hotel.  Wow, the kids were in heaven.

Shelby was pretty stoked too!


Rocking the motercyles



Our little fam

They had these Candy Kitchens everywhere along the boardwalk. (That and Grottos Pizza...don't get us started about it). I wanted to "peek in" the candy kitchen and see all the rows and rows and stacks and stacks of candy!  It was almost like Bath and Body works for me (too many smells that nothings smells good)....Too much candy, so nothing looks good!

After three days on the beach, we were ready for some good American home cooking at the Cracker Barrell

I'm not sure where Luke got this cart, but we learned that the Cracker Barrel is a country store, on top of being a restaurant. So our kids could create havoc before being seated. Great!

Good bye beach and good bye Aunt Shelby. We will be back next year (we will try to convince Shelbs to join us again as well)!!!


4 comments:

Jyl said...

Amazing trip! The pictures were so great. Luke on the motorcycle ride was classic! Love Emmie and Luke holding hands--so sweet.

Shellers said...

oh no! Not grottos! hahahah CLASSIC times. Such a fun beach trip for me too! I totally got a vacation trip this summer because of you guys:) Loved looking through all these pictures again. 4 chins... YIIIIIKES. Im down for next year ;) Love you guys!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

ZOLTAR!!! hahaha that was awesome! Loved all the beach pics! wish our kids could have beached it up together- so fun with little kiddos! looks like a great trip! the lagoon type rides were sweet too! Lukie pulls some classic faces. miss that kid. oh i am looking at this at work and two other nurses walked by when i was looking at luke buried in the sand and they thought it was a 6 month old baby! haha, anyway, that was hilarious he stayed still that long!

Jody Neeley said...

What a fun vacation! The beach is beautiful, and I am totally jealous that you found Zoltar :). Your kids are adorable, we miss you guys!