Thursday, November 22, 2012

TURKEY DAY!


                                         
Today was a beautiful day:  the air was crisp, the sun was shining and the kids were happy (at least for a few moments when they were swinging at the park)!!




We had some friends over for Thanksgiving dinner. Everything turned out great! (Thanks Mom for giving me pep talks about hosting Thanksgiving dinner!!) Kids in the picture above:  Brooks, Emmie, Luke and Cole (Jenn's boys)


No Shave November

Otto ate Oreos for dinner! (see the table decor Jenn made in above picture)

Jenn and Dave

Shawnda and Nate (kids are Otto and Grace)

Jono was awesome today and yesterday (he let me boss him around with cleaning, etc :)!  Love you Noj!

baby Grace

Emmie doo in charge of the remote control :)

Luke, Brooks and Otto






 A couple weeks ago we took a walk to a lake nearby. It was beautiful.  I started reflecting on my blessings....




The biggest of which are the people that surround me every day




These Yay-hoos that I chase around all day



They are my whole world and I love them!

Today I also thought about how grateful I am for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Some of the prophet Mormon's last words in the Book of Mormon are "Lay hold upon the gospel of Christ."  (Mormon 7:8).  Thanks to my sister in law Sarah's post about success, http://marsdensinmanhattan.blogspot.com/2012/11/success.html I have come to the conclusion that serving others is "laying hold upon the gospel of Christ."  He served in small ways every day. I have felt others serve me daily. It is those small things we do for each other that matter most!!  Happy Thanksgiving :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Beanna! Love your swee kiddos,too! Next year we will host:). Miss you guys!