Monday, April 21, 2008

Emmeline talking about her peas

Emmie started solid foods. Wahoooo!! I love it (except for the stinky diapers that follow each meal). It is fun to think of all the many tastes she will try for the FIRST TIME. I remember coming home from my mission and trying things I hadn't had for 1 1/2 years. It was so exciting. But they were things I had already tried before: licorice, cinnamon candies, Nielson's concrete icecream....you can see I missed a very sugary diet that they don't have in Chile! Anyway, Emmeline has not tried ANYTHING. (Don't worry, fruit and veggies are exciting enough for her. I don't plan on giving her sugar until her first birthday cake. We'll see how long that lasts)! Emmeline definitely had something to say about her first taste of peas:






These were some cute pictures of Em I took this morning. She loves the little light on the camera. It helps her to be very photogenic as she looks right at it and smiles or poses very sweetly! (It also helps when I sing one of her favorite songs, "Mother Goony Bird." Don't even ask. The song is getting on my nerves but she reacts so cute so I keep singing it!



















4 comments:

britt said...

I swear shae, she gets cuter and cuter every day! Hope all is going good!

Erin said...

We want to hear the Mother Gooney Bird song!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Oh my goodness she is getting so big and cute and I'm glad the solid food is going well! When do I get to tend her again?

Anonymous said...

That's how I feel too, when I eat peas Emmie!! What a cutie.