Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Random Hilarious Moments

Emmeline is in love with her reflection in the mirror. Her and Scot are both pretty excited about it. Yes, mirrors are an amazing thing. Emmie can stare at herself for several minutes, kicking her legs, laughing and cooing. It is quite funny.














This moment takes the cake. Jon decided to suction one of Emmie's toys to his head. I was laughing so hard.

















The best is when Emmie pulled off the toy to reveal a huge red hickie!! The best part is that it still hasn't gone away. People at work are questioning this mysterious red mark on his beautiful bald spot. I swear, sometimes we just don't think about things before we do them....especially when we are trying to entertain kids!

















Charlotte comes and plays with me and Em every once in awhile. She helps me take care of the baby, and she also has fun jumping over our doormat. She was getting some major air!

















This moment ties with the toy suctioned to Jon's head. I was getting ready to leave my in-law's house one night. My father-in-law (Grandpa Joe) took Emmie out to the car. He had to take off right after that. As he was leaving, he yelled to me from his car "I put her in the front seat, I hope that is okay!" I had to take a picture because it was too classic. I don't think I've ever seen a baby strapped in the passenger seat. Maybe it is just my quirky sense of humor, but again I could not stop laughing. If it were safe, it would make car rides much more pleasant if both Em and I could see each other. We love Grandpa Joe even with all his crazy "get 'er done" methods (he is also known for using super glue to fill in the cracks on his feet from dry skin).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I was so excited to see your new pictures! That is hilarious about Jon's head-but what else are bald spots for? (we'll have to try that on Spen's head:) ) Emmie is such a big girl!!!(and quite the looker-watch out!)

John and Rachael Alexander said...

I laughed so hard at this post, you are too funny shae and I just love Emmie- can I keep her for a few days for you? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to! she is too stinkin cute

Mariah said...

This post is so funny. I laughed to hard and so did Doug when I showed him what happened to Jon's head! I want to come see you and Emmie again soon!

Nancy said...

You know why he put her in the front seat don't you...back in "the day", we use to put our car seats in the passenger seat! (I'm probably the only one old enough to remember this!)
It was SO GOOD to see you Shae and to meet your beautiful daughter! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Jyl said...

I too can remember baby car seats in the front! It was great so Joe was doing what he was use to! Loved all the cute pictures of Emmie and of course Jon! I didn't notice the red on his head but then I'm not a very observant person. Love,MOM

mama bird said...

Love the stories. It's random things like this that make life so fun!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Brooke said...

that is too funny! I love that you got a picture of her in the front seat! Aren't grandparents too great.