Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Life as a Mommy

I want to make a tribute to all you amazing moms out there. Needless to say, I was a little bummed out on Mother's Day. Emmeline didn't sleep much on Saturday night, and I was questioning how to feel awake, energetic and happy on the one day of the year that I should!! As I was up in the wee hours of the morning with Em, I looked down at her hand and it was grasping my thumb. She looked so peaceful and happy (who wouldn't be all cuddled up and cradled in someone's arms?) It was the cutest thing to see her hold on to me like that. I guess it finally hit me that enjoying motherhood comes in those small moments....when you are least expecting it. Sometimes it bothers me how unpredictable my life can be some days. But if life were always predictable, I wouldn't be surprised by Em's giggles (or her blowouts), I wouldn't appreciate all the random moments she decides to kick and sqauwk and tell the world that she is happy. I am grateful for my own mom and all mothers in the world who are trying to find joy in the little things. I think children are the ones who help us appreciate those simple things in life. This is probably the most journal-like entry I have posted. I feel a little funny about it but I decided to go for it anyway!

3 comments:

Adair said...

This is the sweetest post. I love you Shae. You really are such a fun girl. That said....please don't move. I love having you in YW's with me.

Jyl said...

You are really finding out about motherhood, Shae. It truly is the little everyday precious moments that you need to be aware of and take note of as they pass so quickly. You are a fantastic mom and I love you! MOM

Haywood Family said...

I am such a good photographer wouldnt you say.. I have to say she is BEAUTIFUL Shae.