Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Two Valentines

This morning my two valentines spent some quality time together watching TV. I know quality time and TV don't go together, but in this case it really was perfect. Em isn't much of a snuggler with Dada, but it was only appropriate that today, Valentines Day, she would be!












First a tribute to my Jonny: This is a picture from our first Valentines Day together. I thought it was a classic picture because we both have changed a bit since then. I don't have time to do my hair all nice anymore and Jon has had time to lose more hair! We love each other more now than we ever have before. Things just keep getting better with Jon. I always used to say "This is the start of something good" when I first started to date Jon. It's one of the few things I've said where I couldn't have been more right! Jon loves to spend time with his two girlies. That is what a love about Jon. When he is home, he wants to be with his family. He works hard for us and then comes home to play with us. He built a fort with blankets for Em this morning and she loved it. Jon is also a good cook and plans to make me a Valentines dinner. yum yum. Jon is a very good listener. He knows when its best to let me ramble and ramble and get all my thoughts out. Then he sincerely gives his input. He stops whatever he is doing to listen to me as well (even if he is in the middle of a Harry Potter book!) Jon is a great problem solver and knows how to get work done. I'm so proud of my sweetie for all he has been and done as a father and a computer engineer and a loyal disciple of Christ. I love you sweetie!























Second a tribute to my baby girl, Emmeline. Here she is singing along with "LuLu," a friendly cartoon spider that sings the alphabet. Emmie calls her "Woo Woo." Em makes me so happy. She loves to learn new things. She also loves doing the same thing over and over (this morning she was playing with her backpack and zipping the zipper up and down for a long time). She is getting over her fear of vacuums. She likes to say "long neck" when she sees anything that has to do with giraffes (and believe me there is plenty of giraffe stuff at our house!) Her eyes are getting bluer and her hair is getting blonder every day. No sign of me in her yet! She loves the snow and would eat it all day if she could. She lets me know when to set her down by saying "walk." She has a mouthful of teeth and is still a biter....please pray she won't be the bully in nursery that breaks skin on other kids! ugh. I am planning to check out the children's book at the library that is titled "teeth are not for biting"....hahaah She likes to put on makeup just like mommy. The other day her eyelid and whole eye for that matter were caked in purple glittery eye makeup. It was so cute! The other night I snuck into her room and took her out of her crib to rock her while she slept. I miss doing that when we had to move her out of our room into the living room every night in the good ole Fransiscan apts. She felt a lot bigger than she did in the Fransican. She peacefully slept in my arms and I prayed that she would always know how loved she is.





















Part of Jon's gift to me was stealing Em for a couple of hours today to go shopping for dinner. He left me to relax and enjoy the afternoon (okay so it was a great excuse to finally clean the bathrooms...I couldn't ignore them any longer) I was SO happy when he and Em showed up with my favorite.....a bouquet of wildflowers....and to top it off the dominate color was PURPLE! Thanks hon.





















The next surprise was to see my parents show up at our door. "Papa," my dad, brought Em her first rose for Valentines Day. How sweet. It made our day!

8 comments:

Jaron, Joni, and Family said...

Shae, it was cute to read your Valentine's comment. I am glad that your husband and daughter bring you so much happiness. A funny thing...both of my children have been biters. I have tried just about everything, time outs, screaming, yelling, crying, lightly smacking their face, etc. I tried everything. Then Vienna bit another little boy in our ward and I did not want to be labeled as the mom of a biter. That does not get forgotten! So I prepared myself. The next time Vienna bit, I grabbed her arm, bit it hard, but not enough to brake the skin, told her no and put her in her crib. That cured her. She never did it again. Then along comes Clark and he bites. So I tried everything else. It still didn't stop it. So I did just what I did with Vienna, I bit him. I had to do it twice with him, but he now does not bite. I know it sounds cruel, but it has stopped my kids from biting! If only their was an instant cure for other problems...hitting, tantrums, not sharing. I love being a mom!

Shellers said...

Shae that is so cute!!! You are the cutest, sweetest mommy. emmie is so lucky. what a precious little girl!

Grand Pooba said...

What a great Valentines story! Your hubby is so sweet! And so is Papa!

ashley said...

What a great tribute to your little family. You can really tell how much you and Jon love each other. And how sweet of Emmie to snuggle with Dada. I bet he was eatin' it up!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

What a great Valentines' tribute! You are lucky Shae, but Jon and Emmie are the luckiest to have you!

Jyl said...

These are wonderful pictures and tributes! So happy that you are happy, Shae! Know that you are loved by many! Mom

Diana said...

So cute and I love the new haircut. Maybe she can pass some of that hair over to Madeline!! Thanks for the recipe, haven't tried it yet as my grinder is still broken, but I will try it right away as soon as it gets fixed. Call us when you guys have some time!

Sasha Mack said...

You totally love to clean!!! I love it! I still remember when you would clean the dishes at night after a long day of walking La Florida! I probably stressed you out of your mind! haha. :)