Thursday, May 14, 2009

Our Second Baby!

Emmie is going to be a BIG SISTER!! Jon and I announced on Sunday for Mother's Day that we are expecting our second baby in December! We are so grateful and excited. I am almost 3 months along and finally getting over the saltine cracker/ramon noodle stage (luckily this pregnancy it wasn't mac n cheese and pork n beans...yuck!) I felt much better during morning sickness than with Em. That is why I could keep it a secret until now. I guess according to some people in our families, it wasn't a secret at all because of the noticed drop in my energy level and the little "belly bump" that has showed up way earlier this time around. I was also proud of Em for keeping the secret too. She learned to pat my belly and say "baby" but she never did this around other people.








I wrapped up a Christmas stocking for my mom to open on Mother's Day. It is special to me that my baby is due in December (however, the 3rd of December is VERY close to November and I will probably have my baby early). But for now, I can be excited that my baby might share my own birthday month. My mom brought me home from the hospital in a Christmas stocking when I was born. And yes, Jon, I do mention this "unique fact" about myself pretty much every time I get the chance!! I love it. I was so happy to tell my mom and my sweet mother-in-law. They are both my greatest mentors as mothers and I seriously couldn't be blessed with greater examples and also greater friends who offer so much comfort, support, and babysitting. We love you Moms!!









The note that went along with the stocking:





















YEAH for the new baby!!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations guys!

Ben said...

WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS! Emmie will be such a great big sister. Congrats!!! We need to have you guys over (Did you see us when we passed you last Sunday? If only we'd known!! :)
Call us!! Love you guys!

Tara said...

Congratulations!!! Another lucky baby blessed to have you and Jon as parents! I'm so excited for you both! And what a mother's day present!

Eliza said...

How wonderful!! Reading this post brought back fun memories for me because we announced our 2nd baby on Mother's Day last year because we too were having an early December baby--he came on December 8th!

Congratulations and Emmeline is going to be a darling big sister!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

I was waiting for you to post something on your blog because I had a picture of you and the stocking on mother's day I wanted to post on mine, but I wasn't sure if you were telling other people yet. Congrats again, we are soooo excited!

Paige said...

Yeah! I am glad you have felt better this pregnancy...that makes it so so much nicer.

James and Melissa said...

Congratulations! That is so wonderful! What a blessing. And I think December babies are the best! It's nice to be huge when it's cooler weather. We're so excited for you!

Jyl said...

I loved the Mother's Day surprise! So excited for #9 grandbaby! Love, MOM

Paige said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you. Your little girl is so cute and getting so big. Hang in there. Hopefully you will feel great and enjoy this summer!

Jaron, Joni, and Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS! How fun to be having baby number 2! Being pregnant and having a toddler makes it a little exhausting, but it is so fun to be a mom of two! Good luck with your pregnancy!
Joni

Shellers said...

Shae i am so excited!!! :) You are the best mom to Emmie and i am so glad you are having #2!!

britt said...

yea yea yea!!!! so so fun. I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to see what you next one will look like! a Feathie or a Marsden!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Congrats again! We are so happy for you! Can't wait for you to have another baby!

mama bird said...

Yea! Babies are the best.:)Congratulations Shae.

Shannon said...

That is so exciting!!! Congratulations!

Lindsey said...

I'm so, so happy for you!!

Brooke said...

Yeah! So exciting Shae! And that Emmie is just the cutest!

carolee said...

That's so awesome! I hope you are feeling good!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!

Haywood Family said...

HOORAY!!! i was going to ask when the next one was on the way. CONGRATS that is really exciting