Monday, November 30, 2009

Lukie Ben

Lucas Ben Featherstone is here!
2009.11.29 @ 9:00 am
7 lb. 5 oz.
19 in
.



Sunday morning at about 1:30 am, Shae started having some pretty gnarly contractions. We threw together some quick things, called Shae's mom to come watch Emmy (thanks Jyl!), and off we went to the hospital. I don't want to say that we exceeded the speed limit, but lets just say that I was not about to let my second child to be born in the car.



I am glad that we lead-footed our way to the hospital, because Shae was already at 5+, so we got the go ahead to stay and have the baby. As soon as we signed some paper-work, the nurse asked if Shae wanted an epidural, to which she answered "yes please!" After waking up the anesthesiologist (yes, he was a bit groggy, and yes, that did make me nervous), he did his deal with the needles and it was smooth sailin' after that. This is what hard labor looks like with the marvels of modern medicine.



I will be happy to go the whole natural route again if that is what my sweet-heart wants, but lets just say that I was able to fall asleep at one point for about 20 min. I think that you know what my preference is. At about 8:40, she was ready to go an the Doctor showed up. After about 20 min of pushing, Lukie Ben made his entrance into the world.



The proud parents. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect labor and delivery. We have much to be thankful for. Thanks for all of the prayers from family and friends.



Jono, Luker, and Luker. Those of you who grew up with us know that Luke and I are best friends. We were so close in age that we had the same group of friends that we would hang out with. We got along really well (except for when I punched him in the face, but that's a different story) which I think is rare for brothers so close in age. When Shae and I found out that we were going to have another baby,we both talked about how fun it would be to name a boy after Luker. I am glad that we had our boy.



His middle name is after his great grandpa Ben Fowler. I thought that it was only appropriate that the last meal that Shae and I ate that night before we went into the hospital was a "Big Ben" from "Big Ben's Burger Bar". Shae had the great experience of working on his personal history and has felt a great bond with him since.



Here's a little video of him while he was awake and alert. Handsome little guy isn't he?


19 comments:

mama bird said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely precious.

Nick and Erica Hart said...

What a perfect little boy!! Congratulations! I can't wait to see him! Looks like the epidural was so nice. :)

carolee said...

Oh my goodness he is beautiful! Congratulations Featherstones. We can't wait to meet this little guy. Call us when you're ready for Emmy to come for a play date!

Paige said...

Yeah I am so happy he is here! He is adorable. Congratulations you guys.

Unknown said...

Hurray! I'm so glad this delivery was so much easier! It's all about the epidural. He's such a cutie. And seriously, Lucas Senior must feel like a stud. Have fun and good luck with 2 little munchkins!

Aymee said...

Congrats! He is so cute. I can't wait to meet him. You'll have to let us know when we can visit. Love you guys.
Callisters

Jyl said...

Nice blogging Jon! I loved all the pictures and commentary. Yes, I am so happy that this labor and delivery was so much better than the first! We love you and your darling little family! Welcome to this wonderful life, Lucas Ben! Love, Granny

MoM and DaD said...

Congratulation guys! the boy is perfect and the name fits him well.
Good job shae! you are an awesome mom!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! What a sweetie! Can"t wait to see him as soon as we're all better!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Congrats! He is adorable. I am so happy for you and can't wait to see him over Christmas break! Shae you are amazing. Congrats, love you guys!

Shellers said...

AHHH my little lukie b...what a stud. i love him so much already and i can't wait to see him again!! :) I am so glad everything went well. He is a cutie. i absolutely LOVE his name. I feel like i can't just say luke or lucas but i have to throw in some part of the middle name :) he looks like em! so precious. love you guys!!

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my goodness, what a cutie!

Congrats!

Julene said...

Congratulations! How precious! I'm so glad everything went well for you guys. Can't wait to meet your little guy when he's finally able to come out and about!

Jody Neeley said...

Congratulations! He is such a cutie, and I love his name! We would love to have Emmy come over and play! I'll give you a call some time next week.

Brooke said...

Congrats guys--he is adorable!!!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Love, love, love him!

Jaron, Joni, and Family said...

Congratulations! What a handsome little boy. I love having a little boy so I hope you will too! This will be really fun for you! He looks so perfect. I am so happy for you!

Brittany said...

Congratulations! What great news! He is a handsome little guy.

Haywood Family said...

Shay--- oh my gosh i didnt even know you were pregnant. He is adorable Congrats that is exciting.