Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Update on Em

I am finally back from a long week of sickness. I just had a common cold, but it seemed more traumatic with the lack of sleep a new mommie already deals with! Jon was so good to help out in any way he could. I believe in nursing even more now because the antibodies protected Em from catching my cold! This picture is of Em right after she got out of the bath this morning. Her Aunt Diana gave her the cute froggie towel. The best part about the picture is the NEW CLEAR binkie that Emmie is HAPPILY sucking on....yeah!!! But I honestly don't want to part with the big teal bink. It really grew on me!


















I was SO excited when Jon told me that Emmie took her first bottle so nicely when I went to a high school play. I could hardly believe that she took it so easily so I had to try it out for myself. Sure enough she acted pleasantly surprised when milk came out of what she probably thought was her binkie. I am thrilled that I will be able to leave her for Friday night dates! What a good baby.























Emmie is growing up. She no longer screams and flails her arms when I undress her. It is so much easier now that she is not fighting against her onsies!






















The latest is that Emmie is smiling, cooing and discovering her cute little voice. We are loving every minute of it.

10 comments:

pepper said...

hi Shae, I just found your blog and love seeing photo's of your baby girl...she is super adorable! You have such a cute little family.

Tara said...

That stage is so much fun when they seem so surprised that they made that noise! You're lucky! Adalyn wouldn't take a bottle at all so I had to wait until she was pretty stable on solid food before I could go anywhere for more than a couple hours!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! I'm glad that you guys got to get a little rest weekend. Emmie is too cute! You guys are such a cute family!

Nana

Jocee Bergeson said...

Thanksgiving in Midway at the Featherstone cabin sounds AWESOME! Thanks for the fun pics - Emmie is just the sweatest little thing. I can tell you adore her as much as I adore my little Sage. :)

Erica said...

Jon and Shae- your baby is beautiful! Congratulations! My baby was born 2 weeks after her, and I'm excited to read about what he might be like in 2 weeks. Shae- I wanted to thank you for playing the piano at my sister's funeral. I didn't get to tell you that day, but it was beautiful! Thank you to you and your mother-in-law!

Lindsay Parker said...

She is getting so BIG and is finally starting to get some roles.. we love the baby roles. We really need to get together so I can hold this adorable baby. I love the pics of the Crazy featherstone boys! You both look like your loving being parents. Hope all is well. Call me shae and come visit!

Erin & Mike Featherstone said...

WE love the new blog postings! Thank heavens Emmie is now taking another binky instead of just the hosipital one.

Thanks for the post inspiration. Now we're going to have to go make a post about thanksgiving at the cabin!

Love Mike and Erin

Rindi said...

Shae,
Emmie is so cute and getting so grown up! I can tell she is totally loved! Aren't little girls great? It looks like you guys are having fun and that everything is going well. keep up the great work!

The Mapuche's Mom said...

Man is that baby cute!! Yeah!!! Keep up the good work with the bottle. It is a good, good friend.
-Tawnee

The Two of Us said...

YAY!!! You look sooo good and your babe is ADORABLE! Married life is wonderful!!!! Yeah I remember all of our crazy memories.