Thursday, December 20, 2007

Magical Christmas

Our little Christmas baby! I love Christmas time. Having a baby in our home has made it 100 times more special. When I see Emmie in this ridiculous Christmas hat (the point at the top is hanging down behind her and touches her back!), I think of the Christmas stocking my mom brought me home in when I was born. Jon reminds me that I always tell this story when the classic question comes up in get-to-know you games "what is something unique about you?" I always tell of how I was born 3 days after Christmas and the nurses put me in a stocking to go home in. I still have that stocking! This year, my best present is a 2 month old healthy baby!!!













Jon decided that he would follow in his dad's footsteps by never going through a Christmas without a real live Christmas tree. I have always wanted it to be that way too. We had to arrange a few things in our apartment to make room for it. When Jon brought it in the house, we couldn't believe how perfect it fit! When I get up in the middle of the night to feed Emmie, I sit in the rocking chair right next to the tree. The lights make everything so magical! It has definitely made the nighttime feedings more pleasant.




















Last weekend we went to Provo to visit some friends, Adam and Diana Heder. We dressed Emmie in her Christmas outfit to go caroling in at the nursing home (we decided this would be our only chance caroling this year since it was indoors!) We had so much fun cheering up the people there. I was so glad I chose to go there over going Christmas shopping. It made me so happy to see the eyes of people light up when they heard us sing and when they saw our new babies (And yes, her onsie says "I love daddy." She has been a daddy's girl and responded to his voice since she was in the womb)!






















We went to Diana's house after caroling for hot cocoa, treats, and of course for feedings and diaper changes. She has a little 4 month old baby named Madeline (which by the way is the name I wanted to name a daughter ever since I was little. I LOVE that name!) However, the name Emmeline won because Jon and I both love it, and the story behind it is too classic to forget!






















Our little snow baby. Great Grandma and Grandpa Weed gave her this Christmas bib. Even though she doesn't need it with eating real food, I put it on her to catch drool!

5 comments:

Adair said...

Oh Shae she is so dang cute. I can't wait to be at her blessing. How exciting. And you are right...Christmas is way more fun with a baby around.

Rindi said...

You are so right, everything in life is much more fun with kids!! She is so cute, too...which is even better!

Paige said...

I think I have heard that story of you coming home in a stocking....but it is a good story. Emmeline looks so big, I can't wait to meet her in person soon. Hope you had a good Christmas.

Brooke said...

Shae, I am so glad to see you have a blog! Your baby is just adorable. It is fun to see into your cute family's life!

Erin & Mike Featherstone said...

Love it! You need a new post...(ehem) birthday girl!