Monday, January 14, 2008

Korean Outing

Jon and I went to our first restaurant with Emmie. It had been a long time since I'd eaten Kimchi (the Korean staple food which is aged cabbage). Don't ask me why I like that stuff but it is SOOO good. I wasn't supposed to eat it while I was pregnant so I held off until this special occasion. We went to a restaurant I can't pronounce that serves Japanese sushi and Korean barbeque. It was sooo yummy. Thanks Jonny!












They cooked the meat right in front of us.
The Kimchi is in the bowl on the top right (the red sauce is red pepper paste and it is VERY hot). I'm not sure if Emmie really liked how her food tasted after I ate that spicy dish!






















This is a very yummy Korean dish called "Bi bim bop." It has a fun name and it is also very fun to make. It is fried rice served in a hot stone bowl. Because the bowl is still burning from the oven, they crack a raw egg on the top. It was Jon's job to finish making the meal by stirring in the egg. As he stirred, the egg was cooked by the heat of the rock bowl. Vuaaalaa! The egg became scrambled and mixed in with the rest of the fried rice and veggies. It was genius!






















A happy, full mommy. Jon is glad that I like Korean food as he hopes to take me and Emmie there someday. Our favorite gift from our wedding is a rice cooker. We use it at least 4 times a week. I never realized how good Asian food can be until Jon introduced me to some sweet recipes (I am still not converted to sushi)

1 comment:

Erin & Mike Featherstone said...

I love that you like Korean food Shae! I can't get over the fact that you like Kimchi. Wow. I'm glad you guys got to go out to dinner.