Monday, January 14, 2008

Anniversary!

I am so glad I married Jonathan Featherstone. We were married on December 30th, only a few days after my birthday (28th). What a lucky girl I am! I thought I was lucky on the day I got married, but as time has passed, I have realized that I have been far more lucky than I could ever imagine. Jon is a unique catch and I'm so glad he chose me to be his wife! I know this is kind of sappy, but that is what anniversaries are for. We had such an amazing wedding day. We got married at 1:00 pm so I could sleep in, do my hair, makeup and any last minute things (I am pro at coming up with things I HAVE to do at the last second. I thought 1:00 would give me enough time to BE ON TIME to the temple. If you can't tell, a new year's goal that always stays on the list for me is punctuality). After the amazing sealing by Jon's Grandpa, we drove to the Matheson Courthouse in Salt Lake (after stopping by cutlers for a sandwich and cookie). The courthouse has a beautiful rotunda where we set up tables, food, flowers (pink and white daises and lilies), cake, etc. Jon's brother Luke was the DJ for the dancing we had at the end of the night. The reception was more than I had imagined in my head. It was spectacular.













The highlight of the reception was when Jon and my brothers set up their guitars, amps and drums and played me a song. Jon sang me the song "Kate is Great" by Bouncing Souls. It is a song that we both liked growing up (That is what happens when you marry your brother's friend...you have the same taste in music). I was so happy the band got back together for my wedding. It all started when John Alexander put together the band and sang to my sister Rach at their wedding. I was on my mission at the time, so I about died when they pulled it off for my big day (they only practiced 3 times before the big performance).









This is me and JonO this last summer in Lake Powell. If you can believe it or not, it has been such a fun year waiting for our little girl to come to our home (I was blessed with a great pregnancy--minus the macaroni and cheese phase of morning sickness).















To celebrate our special day, JonO took me to The Roof restaurant on top of the Joseph Smith building. Before we went, Jon gave me beautiful wildflowers and we both dressed up in our new clothes from Christmas (It was the first time I had put on something besides maternity clothes or PJs since Emmie was born). The food was amazing. If you haven't been there, you have to go! It is definitely for a special occasion. The clam chowder was off the hook! I don't even like clam chowder but I had two bowls there (and I'm not pregnant again so I can't blame it on weird cravings)! The view out the window was amazing. The Salt Lake Temple seemed to fill up the space of all the windows put together. As I looked out at the snow softly falling on the beautiful temple that glowed against the dark sky, I couldn't help but feel that the night was magical.
















JonO and Emmie getting ready for the big night (I was probably doing my hair or makeup while they watched TV. Boys have it so easy!)



















Jon's wonderful mom "GraMare" babysat while we went out. I didn't have to worry the entire night about Em because I knew she was with the super mom, Marianne.





















After we ate, Jon and I walked around temple square. The Christmas lights were still on and it was beautiful. We didn't stay too long though because it was freezing. The spot we are standing for the picture is where Jon proposed to me.
















So pretty! Jon is such a good photographer.

3 comments:

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Happy Anniversary to you! That was the first time I got to see some of your Wedding pictures and they were stunning! You look so GOREGOEUS!! And what a fun night you had! And I can't get over how cute Emmeline is!:) You look so cute in the prego picture too.....where did you get your maternity clothes from?! I'm always up for anything that looks cute while being prego!

Paige said...

What a fun celebration!! I've loved looking at all of your picutres.

Rachel said...

Hi Shae - I'm totally stalking you, sorry! I just found out that Adair has a blog, and as I was checking hers out I saw a link to your blog, and I of course had to see yours too. Blog reading is a favorite hobby of mine. Anyway, I got all excited because you and I have the same wedding anniversary! Of course, my wedding happened just a few years before yours, but you know, I thought it was kind of cool. You guys couldn't be any cuter.