Monday, January 28, 2008

We Love President Hinckley!

Jon and I were talking today about how it feels as though we have lost a really good friend that we didn't actually know on a personal level. It is hard to describe my emotions about President Hinckley's passing. I am so touched by all the people who are doing so many things to recognize his life. The media has been continually covering so many good things about him. High school students dressed up today to honor him (although I am still not convinced that they needed cell phones and "text messaging" to execute this). Dignitaries around the world are sending condolences to the church and to his family. I know his funeral will be a very large event. I know that people of all walks of life were attracted to President Hinckley because he represented our Savior Jesus Christ here on earth. He truly was Christ's spokesman. From Pres. Hinckley's character, we learn about the Savior's character. The love that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for us was radiated so many times by our beloved Prophet. I am grateful to have lived in this time. We will forever remember Gordon B. Hinckley. One of my favorite quotes from him is one that my mom shared with me a few years ago:

“It’s not as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. Put your trust in God and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, If we will pray to Him, If we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers.” (Ensign, Oct. 2000)

I want to remember President Hinckley by being more positive in my life and by loving people as he did.

4 comments:

Michael B said...

Thank you for your thoughts. President Hinckley was and is a remarkable man who will forever be in our hearts. He is an amazing example to the world of our Savior's love for each of us.

Brooke said...

What a wonderful quote--all of his are so wonderful! I totally agree about the texting! I guess they want to find some positive reason to use it :)

The Mapuche's Mom said...

Love the quote!

Paige said...

thanks for sharing the quote from President Hinckley and your feelings!