Monday, January 14, 2008

Baby Blessing

My little angel! We blessed Emmie on December 23, 2007 (it was special to have her blessing on Joseph Smith's birthday)! It was such an incredible day for both me and Jon. We decided to bless her so close to Christmas because my brother Spencer, his wife Diana and their four kids were in town from New York. I don't have any pictures of them from the blessing because I was too excited and busy to think about pictures. I dressed Emmie in her outfit a couple of days later and took these pictures. Jon did such a great job. Emmie and I are so blessed to have him in our lives. He truly honors his priesthood. He also did very well with a baby screaming in his ears (Emmie did not like looking up at a circle of strangers at all)! It was so neat for me to see all of my brothers, brothers-in-law, dads and Jon's Grandpa gather around the circle. We have a very supportive family who made that day such a memorable one. We missed Jon's brother and his wife, Erin who live in Chicago. Thanks everyone for coming to see our little Emmie blessed!





























What a little sweetie! Thanks Grannie Jyl for the gorgeous dress and Aunt Shelby for the cute little bracelet. She looked like a princess!





















She talks a lot now. This was a picture of her jabbering away.





















Emmeline has a smile that melts my heart!

3 comments:

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Shae- these are the cutest pictures of emmie in her blessing dress! I love them! you are the cutest mom and I love the new updates and pictures! thanks again for babysitting on christmas eve, you are a saint!
love ya!
rachael

Erin & Mike Featherstone said...

Wow what a perfect little girl! We are so sad to have missed Emmie's blessing. I am so glad it turned out so well. Jon is the best dad. We love you guys! P.S. Shae we are putting something in the mail today...

Ben said...

She's way cute guys! It's been fun to hang with you guys lately! Let's do it again soon!

Ben and Stacy