Friday, March 7, 2008

Acadamy Awards


Every year my parents have us over for an Awards Dinner. We dress up nice and my mom serves us a 5 course meal. Afterwards, she gives us an award based on things we've accomplished throughout the year. It is much better than receiving an Acadamy Award. We love you Mom and Dad!
















The Stars of the Show!



















The highlight this year was when Jon received his award. My mom always gives candy with each award. When Jon went up to accept his award, my mom hadn't gotten his candy out yet. She said, "I didn't know what kind of candy you like, so I hope this is okay." Jon said, "As long as it's not Good and Plenty." My mom about died as she held up what she had bought for Jon. It was so classic. Jon really isn't picky about candy. In fact, that is the only kind I can think of that he doesn't like. We were laughing so hard.

















I recieved the best new mommy award!


















Aren't my brothers handsome? They always do crazy hair-dos for the Awards night. Greasy and beautiful!

















Little Emmeline is our sugar baby! We had such a fun night as everyone was recognized. We all went home full of good food and way too much sugar! We missed you Spen, Diana, Marissa, Shem, Hudson and Owen!









10 comments:

Adair said...

Shae that is the cutest thing. I love your parents and I don't even know them. How fun. I so want to do that with my kids...love it.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun academy awards night. Don't worry about us-the fam. awarded us long distance our first year in NYC, but we've been awardless the last 3 years:( I guess nothing big enough has happened in our lives to nominate(and award) us. sigh.

Shae, I know I say this in each post, but Emmeline is seriously the cutest little baby! Even though I can't pinpoint a specific feature that can be traced back to you, I think she looks like both of you guys, and is just absolutely gorgeous(well, I guess she DOES have one of your features:) )

Sorry I missed your call-things have been crazy. we'll try to connect via webcam this weekend.

Love you guys!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Shae-
LOVE the acadamy award post... I was bummed I didn't have my camera, so I might steal some pics off your blog to put on mine...hehe.
Emmie is a doll and I just adore her! she was being so cute last night and she is totally looking like John is these pics!
love you guys!
ray

Michael B said...

What a fun tradition...

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

That's totally awesome! I'll have to steal this to do with my own kids someday- I love it!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

What an awesome tradition!! I think I will start something in my family like this!! It was fun looking at all the pictures of your family! I haven't seen you all for so long so thanks for catching me up!!:)

The Mapuche's Mom said...

So fun! Can I be a Marsden next year?

Tara said...

I've always loved your parents, but even more now that I know about this tradition!!!

mama bird said...

Hey, I want to be a Marsden next year too! :)

I've been catching up with your blog and it's great fun to see into your life! What a cutie little Emmeline is! Looks like you're always keeping busy and having fun!

Brooke said...

this looks like so much fun! hey sisters we could all be Marsden's next year--or we could do this as the Johnson's!