Monday, March 31, 2008

My Sweet Jonathan

What is his name? Jonathan Vaughn Featherstone

How long have we been married? 1 whole whopping year!

How long did we date? Again, one year

How old is he? 26....a great age

Who eats more? Definitely me right now. I can clear my plate and half of Jon's. Nursing does amazing things to your appetite.

Who said I love you first? He did. And yes, Jon is the only one I've said "I love you"to.

Who is taller? Jon.... by the perfect amount

Who sings better? Wow. There is NO question on this one. I get embarrassed to sing in front of Jon. He has the best pitch and voice of any guy I know. Something you have to know about Jon is that he is biggest music junkie I have ever met in my entire life. He LOVES music. He listens to it all day at work, then when he does his homework and even sometimes when he sleeps! He can hear a song ONCE and memorize the pitch, melody line, lyrics, etc. It makes you sick, huh. He can hear a song and pick it out on the guitar too. The kid is AMAZING when it comes to music. We joke that we took piano lessons together when we were little and that I was the best student and Jon O was the worst, but best overall music ability hands down goes to Jon. The other neat thing about Jon is that he likes a variety of music. He has everything from Thrice and AFI to James Taylor, Enya, and Frou Frou. The only thing we differ on when it comes to music is that I love Mormon pop and he can't stand it!

Who is smarter? Wow. Another easy one. Jon O for sure. He likes to learn about many different things and remembers what he learns too (something I struggle with)

Whose temper is worse? Hmmm. We have yet to determine that one. I get ornery without sleep and Jon has road rage. They both don't get out of hand though (Jon uses a thumbs up when he's mad instead of another finger).

Who pays the bills? I do. When we got married, Jon said that I was the family financial manager. (he is taking a large risk!) I have learned a lot about money and it has been good for me. I really appreciate the fact that Jon makes the money and I can decide where it goes! I also did our taxes which is a big task for me. I like to fill out the form and learn what everything means. (I know, I'm kind of wierd.) It works out great though because one of Jon O's least favorite things to do is paper work. And that is all that money is.

Who does the laundry? Me. Yes, I truck 3 loads a week down 2 flights of stairs. I will NEVER complain about doing laundry when we get our own machines. I promise!

Who cooks dinner? I do for now (while Jon barely has time to breathe between work, homework, and of course an occasional computer game!) but Jon is a much better cook than I am. He has introduced me to a lot of fun Asian foods that I now love. Our rice cooker is our most used wedding gift.

Who drives when together? He does.

Who is more stubborn? It's a draw.

Who is the first to admit when wrong? Hmmm. Probably me! 2 favorite words in the Marsden (my maiden name) family are "I'm sorry!"

Who wears the pants in the family? Jon says I walk all over him. hhahaha just kidding. We don't feel like either of us do (we aren't very good at decision making!)

Who eats more sweets? Definitely me. I am the biggest sweet tooth I know (A few minutes ago I finished off the box of E.L. Fudges)

Who mows the lawn? haha We are just lucky we have a covered parking lot!

Who kissed who first? Jon pulled all the moves first. He never played any dating games. It was great.

Who asked who out first? Jon. After our first date, I wasn't sure he would call me back. I was hoping he would. The next week I was cooking raman noodles at my apt. in Logan. The phone rang and I saw that it was him. I burned my finger on the pot of noodles because I was so excited!

Who proposed? Jon did. He had me fooled for sure. I thought I was going out to dinner at the roof with a best friend and she first took me to temple square to take pictures. Jon came out of the bushes when I was supposedly posing for a picture! He had a bouquet of wildflowers (my favorite) and a gorgeous ring. That was a very happy night.

What is my favorite thing about him? He knows how to handle all my emotions. He is very stable and constant and helps me have a good perspective on situations. He is a great listener. And one MORE thing.....the list really is super long.....I appreciate his philosophy on money. He never hesitates to help anyone, anywhere with money. He is the most generous person I know.

I tag any of my friends/sister/sisters-in-law who read this.....let's hear all about your hubbies!

9 comments:

em said...

You guys are sweet together.
I love it! We have to hang out before we move to PA in July.

Lindsay Parker said...

Its so nice to recognize our Hubbies I honestly think they do so much for us and they do not get enough credit. I need to do this on my blog so I will try or I just might tell Phil. haha. Hope all is well. Lets try and get together soon! Love Lu

Prosper 1st Primary said...

SHAE!!! I found you- yahoo! What a cute little family you have. Man it has been too long- I cant believe we are parents now. Crazy! Your little girl is so adorable. I love the post and hearing about your story. I hope you dont mind that I am adding you to my blog :) Check it out its thehillstrombuckeyes.blogspot.com
love ya, BEAN

The Mapuche's Mom said...

I'm willing to bet you can still find a reason to complain about the laundry. Even with your own machine it is impossible to keep up with. Well....at least for me.

Jyl said...

What about hearing from your Mom?? I have the greatest guy for a husband and best friend! Jon sounds pretty amazing though. So glad you have him! Mom

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he's a keeper! Cute post.

ps, I agree about the laundry-we've had it in the apartment/house, out of the apartment, with no kids, with 4 kids, and no matter how you(at least I) look at it, there's still plenty of reasons to complain:)

Nat said...

Sorry I don't have a hubby to write about. too bad. Jon no Pop church music, what?? Come on, it's good upbeat stuff.

Nat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nat said...

haha. sorry i left the same post twice. I struggle sometimes trying to figure these things out.