Monday, March 17, 2008

Shelby's Birthday

Shelby turned 14 last Friday. We had so much fun dressing up as princesses for a fun dinner. Our dresses were pretty hilarious. Even little Charley dressed up for the occasion in a black sparkly dress. Only I know it wasn't really a dress--it was a sash, an apron or something we found in the dress up box!

















The theme of the dinner was the Disney Princesses. We had 4 courses with food names such as "Cinderella's Delight", "Dingle hopper", "Mulan's Sword", etc. Each person had to fill out a menu with the disney descriptions before receiving their food. Each disney phrase represented a food item or a piece of silverware. My dad's first course was a napkin (Jasmine's flying carpet), a fork (dinglehopper), a spoon (Snow White's Mirror), and a knife (Mulan's sword). He had to watch everyone eat until he got his second course! It is a fun way to mix things up and eat food out of order.


















Rachael wore a sweet dress she found in my mom's closet of 70's prom dresses.






















I wore a silk dress I bought custom made in China when I went there in high school. It was the second time I had ever worn it. I claimed to be Mulan....hahhaha























Here is the princess herself in another one of my mom's lovely dresses. Shelby is growing up so fast. She is a pretty young lady with so many talents, one being her amazing way with kids. We love you Aunt Shelby!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Gee, I am wishing I could wear a dress I bought in high school! You all look great!