Sunday, October 12, 2008

EMMELINE IS ONE!

Happy Birthday Emmie! This picture was actually taken a couple days before her birthday. She is ham at times for the camera and I love that!


















This picture was taken the morning of her birthday. I kept dancing around her and singing Happy Birthday (yes, at 6:45 in the morning). She didn't know what was going on, but she did dance a bit to the song.



















I spent most the day doing this....






















I wanted to make a fun cake for Em and I've thought about it for awhile. Some of her favorite songs I sing her are about bumblebees so I whipped out some of my VERY RARE creative skills! I found a few ideas on the internet and I brainstormed for a couple months (no joke) and this is what I came up with. I was inspired to take on such a task after seeing my sister-in-law Diana and my sister Rach make some pretty crazy cakes (dogs, lions, etc) Now I understand what Diana was saying when she said the lion was all frosting. Sorry for those of you who bit into a whole mouthful of frosting when you tried some of the bee cake!


















Em slept the whole time I was decorating the cake. In fact, Jon was going to babysit her while I decorated it if she woke up, but she never did (yes I call it babysitting when Jon watches her even though he is her dad)! I soon found out the probable reason for Em's giant nap.....a fever and a potential cold. She was not feeling good the entire time after that nap. It was really sad because she couldn't enjoy hardly any of her party. Poor birthday girl! But let's be honest, this party was more for everyone else to celebrate the great year we've had with our little Em.

















We headed to Bountiful for a family part at Grannie Jyl and Papa's house....
This is Parker and Charley getting ready for the PAARTY.





















My fam (wonderful hosts)






















Classic picture of my dad and Em. He is into the party hat but she doesn't want to be anywhere near it when it is on him!!! Maybe next year she will want to be a little closer Dad!!

















Our Featherstone Dad who apparently wanted two hats for his party attire. Grandpa Joe helped babysit Em and said they bonded when he made her pancakes. Yes, that is a good way to get to Em's heart.

























The cute Featherstone crew....they cwazzzy




















More pics...I just liked this one because of the faces my brother-in-law Jama pulls!

















More of my cute fam. While opening presents, everyone told a memory of Em (yes I turned it into a sentimental night because let's face it....I am a very sentimental person) It made me reflect on how many people have loved Em and have been made happier because of her (see there it is....the sentimental stuff)


















I'm not sure what Em is doing in this picture but I think I can still blame it on her sickness that abruptly showed up tonight.


















The purple sticky ball!! Em knew exactly what that was. Thanks Grannie!























Charley helped us open some of presents. Her birthday is in 4 days. All these October birthdays.


















Thanks Gug and Bumps for the awesome gift. We missed you but know how much you love and cherish Emmeline.























Then we brought our Mr Bumblebee.



















Charley helped blow out the candles (okay she blew out all the candles because Em never has caught on to my "candle blowing lessons!"



















The bee lost its head so Em could dig in!! She wasn't so sure at first what this yellow, gooey ball was.


















She soon found out and ENJOYED it (and yes, she did make her "yummy food" grunt as you will see in the video below)


















The sugar daze...



















Now I really think the sugar is getting to her...either that or her fever.


















Okay, the "I'm Done" face. I was really surprised that she didn't scarf it down and eat it like it would be taken away and never given back. I thought for sure she would cover her face in it. She was actually very lady-like and well-mannered (as much as you can be while eating cake with your hands!)



















Here's a little of the cake action. I guess you can't really hear the grunting because of all the LOUD people (I love you Featherstones!!!! hahahah)






The line of toys I set up after Em had long gone to bed. Thank you everyone for making this such a special day!



















My little bath queen. This pic wasn't taken today but I wanted to add it anyway. Part of her birthday gift this morning was to let her get in the shower. She loves the shower but we mostly just give her a bath. That was a special treat! I guess I just wanted to end this blog by saying that I am so grateful to be a mommy to this amazing girl. She gives me new energy for life because of her curious excitement for everything she sees. I like how President Hinckley said that children "become the world’s constant renewal of life and purpose." That is what Emmie has done for me....renewed my outlook on life. Thanks little Em! Happy Birthday sweetheart.

17 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Oh Em, happy birthday!

Oh Shae, your little girl is adorable, she takes after her mama (in the adorableness, looks like she takes after her papa in the hair and eyes area:o)

You are such a cute mom and that cake is amazing! I wouldn't mind biting into a whole bunch of frosting, that's the best part!

Love ya!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Happy Birthday Em! Shae you are so crafty-I loved the cake! It was adorable.

Janet said...

Hi, this is Sister Rife. I'm so glad to be able to check your blog. Happy Birthday to Em! It just makes me happy to know that you love being a mother - it is my chosen profession as well, and I'm glad to have another generation join in and see the joy and meaning of motherhood.

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Wow Shae, I just checked your blog here at work and couldn't believe you already have Emmie's birthday post up! Love all the pics and the party was so fun and the cake was amazing! you are such an adorable mom and I hope Emmie is feeling better! I was worried about her last night! love you guys! and happy birthday again Emmie!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Emmers!! I hope you got our message last night(you know, the off pitch singing one;) ). Also be looking for a package to join the line of fun stuff-she's raking it in!! Sorry that she's feeling sick, I hope she feels better today! We love you, little Emmers!!!!

Jyl said...

Great party and cake! Emmie is a sweet heart and I can't believe she is one already! Thanks for sharing her with us! Love, Granny Jyl

Devrie Pettit said...

Happy Birthday Emmie! Darling cake Shae!!

britt said...

yea!! Happy Birthday Em! I can't believe she is one! it is so crazy how time goes by so fast! she is cute as always

ashley said...

Happy Birthday Little Emmie!!! One year old, hurray! What a cruddy deal to be sick on your birthday though. Hope she is feeling better. She is so precious and you can tell how much she means to you guys. What a great family she has!
And you have some seriously sweet cake making skills Shae. Good job!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Okay Miss Shae....I have not talked to you in awhile and that is not ok?! :) Too much has happened that I have missed out on! Happy 1st Birthday to little miss Emmy!! And I CAN'T BELIVE SHE IS ALREADY 1!! Where has all the time gone?! And the cake you made is absolutely adorable.....I think it qualifies to go in a Martha Stewart magazine!! I have so much fun watching your family and I just want you to know you are an AMAZING Mom, wife, daughter, sister, aunt........You are such an inspiration and I adore you!:) Love ya! Candice

Erin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMIE! I am so glad you had such a good birthday. We so missed the big party. I am glad she really enjoyed it though and I hope she is feeling better. Thanks for all the photos. It made us feel LESS left out. :)

MJF said...

Oh man, my niece is the cutest thing. Happy b-day Em!

Hey Noj, a couple of those pics make it look like Emmie is rockin' the "bowl cut..." Like father, like daughter I suppose...

MJF said...

Oh man, my niece is the cutest thing. Happy b-day Em!

Hey Noj, a couple of those pics make it look like Emmie is rockin' the "bowl cut..." Like father, like daughter I suppose...

Brooke said...

What an adorable cake for an adorable girl--can't believe she is one already! Careful--you blink and she will be eight or even ten!

Mariah said...

Haha. I love this post! I am so impressed with the cake that you made. You said that you are not creative, but I know better Shae. I am not surprised one bit that you made such an amazing cake. :) Happy birthday to Emmie!

Jenn said...

Shae,

What an adorable little girl. Congrats on making it to the 1 year mark. Em's got an amazing mom. Hope all is well. Talk to you soon.

Jenn

jenny said...

Hey! This is Jenny Cox (Pres. Rife's daughter) I'm just working on Wedding stuff and wondered if you could email me your address. My email is jjcox33@gmail.com. Thanks! Ps. your baby is gorgeous:)I love reading your blog!