Sunday, September 9, 2012

Visit from Spenny Honna and Nana!!

We had the BEST time with my brother Spence and his family.  They stopped by our house on the way home from their Virginia Beach vacation.  I hadn't see these guys in over two years. It was a very happy reunion.  We did a few games to celebrate the September/October birthdays. Here the kids are throwing "javelin straws"  (Thanks again John A. for the idea...and happy birthday today!)










Pillow case races!



Shemmy

Their youngest, London is such a sweetie

Rissa Roo--she is so grown up.  I love her!






No one wanted the pink pillowcase so of course Luke got stuck with it...

I was excited to eat on our new table with Spen's family of 8! 

The girlies sat on their own princess table

Sophia (fee fee) is so full of energy and is always smiling and laughing.


The twinnies, Owen and Hudson rocking out with Lukie



Sophia was dancing to the music


Owen playing the piano backwards


My kiddos had so much fun with these guys. They played hard.


Wheelbarrow races. Such a cute picture of Emmie and Owen. They are one year apart in age.


Sophia could hold Emmie up in a headstand. I was very impressed. I felt like Sophia and Emmie are kindred spirits.  Both love to dance, are very strong and coordinated. They are both bursting with energy and they have the will to do whatever their minds are set out to do!! Such cute girls.

Shemmer and Lukie.  I guess all the boys were wearing stripes that day.



Spen was so sweet with Claire. He loves babies and it was fun for me to have him hold my baby girl, Claire. She wasn't always as fussy as she appears here :)










We made an ice cream sandwich birthday cake.  It was sweet.










We were celebrating Marissa's 9th birthday (October 8th), Diana's birthday (September 30th), Emmie's birthday (October 12th), and the new baby girl's birthday (Diana is due mid October).  I felt like Grandma Vivian, holding the monthly birthday parties where 7-10 names would sometimes be on the cake!  We also had a Sunday devotional that again reminded me of Sunday gatherings at Grandma Vivian's.  I thought of her and loved thinking about her taking a peek and some of her grandchildren getting together. She has instilled in me a great love for sharing the gospel often as a family.  The earliest memories I have of feeling the spirit came from Sunday gatherings at her house where she would stand and bear her testimony.

Isn't Marissa gorgeous?  She is such a pretty girl and I have thought that ever since she was born.  She was so much fun to talk to and be with.  She is such a great example for her little brothers and sisters. 




Hugs to say goodbye....this was an intense hug!!

We love you New Yorkers!  We will come visit you next. Hopefully to see the new sweet baby girl!!

It was sad for me to say goodbye to this darling family.  I look up to Spence and Diana so much for raising such wonderful kids. Their kids are such good kids. So sweet, respectful, loving and fun.  I can't wait for my kids to spend more time with them here on the East Coast.

3 comments:

Jyl said...

Yes! I decided to check the blog and you had posted about the "Marsdini's" visit. Thanks for taking all the pictures. I know that requires a lot of effort and isn't so convenient at times but I felt like I was part of the gathering! Miss all you guys but so happy you could be together.

Anonymous said...

Beaner-thanks for letting us come trash your house for the day! We love our east coast feathies:) We are already talking about if we can squeeze another visit in before the babe...

John and Rachael Alexander said...

haha, love the pillow case pictures and luker with the pink! So great- looks like tons of fun and makes me miss all you east coasters!