Saturday, April 11, 2009

Our baby is 18 months!

Here is a beautiful daughter, Emmeline. Tomorrow, on Easter Day, she will be 18 months old (and will go to nursery for the first time...wahhooo!). The time has flown by. I am loving this stage because she is learning so many things and making me laugh all the time. Her latest thing is saying "amen" during the entire prayer so we will end sooner! This little girl has brought us nothing but joy and we can't wait to see more of the fun moments we caught on camera:





















Sitting in a mechanical car at Smith's on a daddy daughter date. Such a beauty!



















Em likes to ride in the "car" grocery cart. It is usually a disaster for me because I can't maneuver the cart and end of knocking things off the shelves when I do U turns in the isles! On this particular day, Em noticed a well advertised stand of cheddar goldfish and talked me into getting one, opening it and handing the whole bag to her so she could "drive" and munch on fishes. Her trip to the grocery store was successful! However, all those fishies may have caused the man behind us on our way out of the grocery store to say "Looks like a diaper explosion." I looked at Emmie's back and sure enough, the Blow out queen did it again! Oh boy. Kids are full of surprises, aren't they! The guy was so serious when he said that and it made me laugh.





















Em on a slide at "Kangaroo Zoo" when we went for Grannie Day.





















Our future piano rocker. She is a music artist for sure---pulling faces and all!






















Em is a great eater (and still grunts while enjoying her food)




















Our latest entertainment is yes, you are seeing correctly---a RAT! And NO it is not ours!!! These baby rats belong to our 12 yr. old neighbor upstairs. He loves to come and show Em his rats. Surprisingly, Em really likes them (she must be more like her dad on this one). It is so funny to see how she doesn't even care when they crawl all over her! Pretty wild, huh.























Nonchalantly handing the rat back to our friend. She cracks me up!





















She even let the rat hang out on her head! Pretty funny. I think I would die if I found one of these loose in my house!





















The Bath Queen! Her hair is super long now. I love to comb and play with it. As a little girl, I would always love going over to my friends' houses and combing their dolls' hair. I just loved it. It is so fun to now comb and dote over my daughter's hair. She doesn't like it much and shakes her head so I'll stop!






Em has been learning the ABCs the past little while. This was about a month ago when she was singing along with a little animated spider named "Lulu." She cracks me up. Jon is also concentrating hard on LuLu and is quite the singer in this video, might I add.







This was about a week ago. She can now say some of the letters (although I really loved the Emmenese languange in the last video) It is so fun to watch her learn. She is such a ham and keeps me laughing. I love being a mom!

6 comments:

Shellers said...

Those videos are SO CUTE!! Oh she is getting so big!! I love that little girl so much!!

Jyl said...

Great pics and videos. She is growing up and at such a cute stage! Probably my favorite picture is her playing the piano and pulling that face. Love ya, MOM

John and Rachael Alexander said...

SOOO cute! THose videos were awesome... gotta love the ABCs.. em is so smart. I loved all the pics of her and especially the rats! oh man...

Tara said...

The rat!!! That's so funny! Maybe she has a future in fear factor some day. Is that show even on anymore?

Diana said...

So cute! I love the rat! Adam wants to get a rat, but I don't think I want one... hmm... go figure! Anyway, we need to get together soon, we miss you guys.

Erin said...

Wow the tutu outfit is the BEST! I can't believe she knows her ABCs already -- well almost.