Saturday, April 11, 2009

Our New Niece Brittana Jyl

My sweet niece was born on April 6th, 2009. How fitting for this beautiful girl to enter the world on that day. Not only was it the Savior's birth, the restoration of the church---but also the 1 year anniversary of my sweet Grandmother Marsden's death. We miss her and felt comforted on this day by Britanna's birth. Her middle name is after my mom. How cool is that? My sister Rachael is the best mom to her two girls, Charley and now Brittana. I look up to her so much and I am so grateful that she is my mom mentor! I had the chance to meet Brittana a few days after she was born (Em had a fever the day she was born...just our luck!). I felt so happy holding such a precious tiny girl in my arms. I love being an aunt!








Aunt Shelbers and new "Baby B"




















Em meeting her cousin for the first time. This was a sweet moment. Em wasn't quite sure how to react as she is used to wrapping baby dolls in blankets and then flinging them across the room! She sensed that she needed to be very still with this baby doll!

5 comments:

Shellers said...

So cute!! Emmie was so cute with her too, and she was so gentle!! :)

Mariah said...

That picture of Emmie holding Brittana is so sweet! I think that I said this before, but I can't believe how LONG your hair is!! It looks so good!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Thanks for your nice words Shae, you are the best mom and sista! I'm so glad our little girls love each other and thanks for all your help... I love having you live so close!

ashley said...

What a special birthday for Brittana to have. I hadn't even thought about all the events that likewise occurred that day. Pretty special.

I love the piano rocker face and the rat pictures. She is so adorable!

Heather Lowe said...

Hey Shae, I loved the pics! How is everything going in life? I hope you guys are doing great. I really miss Utah! Take care, Heather