Thursday, July 10, 2008

Emmeline and Charlotte


These two cousins spent one whole day together yesterday. It was a hot summer day so we stayed outside most the time (makes sense, right.....??!!) They liked cramming into this one-man stroller together. Well, Emmie liked trying to grab Charley's toes and Charley liked grabbing Emmie's head. They both didn't like what the other one was doing to them, but they were at least entertained by their own activity!













They did get to cool off quite a bit in this kiddie pool. I was tempted to at least dunk my head in it but refrained when I saw all the grass, bugs and black things floating around in it!! The girls didn't seem to mind. Emmeline liked watching Charlotte go down the slide and shout "Emmie turn" or "Gain, Gain" (again, again)

















Cute little swim bug. I was so glad they were both good about wearing their hats because they are the two whitest (and most beautiful of course) girls I know. We missed the other white/beautiful cousins in Texas!!


















Charlotte splashing in from the slide.

















Em loves swings as you saw in a prior post! She is such a doll.


















A little video of Charlotte pushing Emmeline on the swing. Notice the whole time Charlotte is saying "hol her, hol her" "hold her" She loves holding Emmie even though it doesn't quite work as Emmie nearly weighs as much as Charley! Then Charley tries to take Emmie out of the swing and Emmie grunts. She is starting to catch on when she does and does not like to be bossed around!





This is really random video. After we were with Charlotte all day, I went to my friend, Julie's wedding reception. Julie's parents live near some llamas. We have always called it the "llama farm." I have grown up seeing these llamas but this was Emmeline's first time and she had a lot to say. Just to let you know, this is the sound she makes every time she is really excited. It is normally when she sees animals. I can't wait to take her to the zoo. Sorry about the shaky camera-man moves.

4 comments:

Ben said...

AH! These photos are so cute. I love the little pink hat. She is DARLING. I can't believe how much she has grown in the last few months! We had so much fun with you guys on Friday - I am so glad you will be able to make it next week!! See ya then!!

Erin said...

Oh I love the sound Emmie makes when she sees the llamas... "Oh"

Too cute...

John and Rachael Alexander said...

I'm so glad Charley and Emmie are such good friends even though they are a year apart! Thanks again for babysitting her! you are the best sis ever! love ya!

Prosper 1st Primary said...

Shae!! Hey cute MOM. Your little girl so so dang cute. I'm so glad I found your blog, now we can stay in touch. Motherhood is awesome- we just had a little boy. I cant believe we are Moms now- crazy!!