Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lagoon!

We had a great trip to Lagoon last week with some of my family. Shelby and Parker were so nice to ride all the kiddie rides with Emmie and Charley. Parker looks stoked about it! No but they really do love watching their little nieces and nephews have fun. I am glad they were there.
















Em had a great time even when she was just chilin in her carseat. She likes to watch people and seriously, I can't think of a better people watching place than Lagoon!

















The Froggie--- Emmie liked it better when it was standing still. She didn't cry when it started moving but she didn't smile either. She got the "curious" look on her face. She kept looking at me for a confirmation that everything was okay. I always had a giant smile on my face and was laughing and telling her how much fun it was--- and she probably thought I was crazy.



















I tried to get Em to take a nap in her stroller because, well, it was nap time! I didn't think there would be a problem....she had Bob the Bink, she was laying down (sort of) and I was telling her she should be tired......hmmm I quickly learned that there are plenty of things to distract a child from naptime, especially at a chaotic place like Lagoon. What was I thinking? She ended up staying up until bedtime (even a late bedtime like 9pm---its funny how late becomes so relative to the age and personality of your baby). She was totally wired. But she slept all night so I can't complain!




















Such a cute pic of my mom, bro and Emmie looking up at her uncle. By the way, this was the Wild Kingdom train ride and I swear it is criminal to keep animals at Lagoon. They lay in a small cage all day and listen to the roar of rollercoasters and the screams of people. So sad!



















Emmie was most entertained by the fountains on the train ride.

















I had to include this shot in here. This is Charley on the way to Lagoon. She was so excited that her mom had bought her a pez candy dispenser. She couldn't wait to put ALL of them in her mouth. I asked her to say "Cheese" and this is what I got!


















It was so cute to watch Charley on the kiddie rides. The helicopter was my favorite. Her little blonde head sticking up out of the helicopter and seeing her zip around and around made me laugh. She is a smart cookie too. She figured out how to pull the bar toward her to make the helicopter go higher!




This is the video of Em when the merry-go-round was actually going. Sorry it's kind of fuzzy. The video doesn't show it, but right when it stopped, she smiled and started kicking her legs again (kicking her legs is probably what Em could be known for. She expresses all her emotions by the movement of her legs and feet!)

1 comment:

Jyl said...

Lagoon was fun. Thanks for coming. Hope it was all the hassle to get there! Parker and Shelby love you and Emmie to join us anytime!