Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Smiley Girl

This girl is the sweetest thing in the whole wide world. I love being her mommy. She is so smiley and happy when she's had a nice bath. I swear I don't know how I ended up with such a cute daughter.
















Our little princess....with my foot in the picture. Nice editing job huh....or lack of it.
















My little brother Scot is nicknamed "Smiley" on his mission right now. The Marsdens are always known to have HUGE smiles showing all our teeth. Well if Emmie had more teeth, I'm sure they would be showing in these pictures! The computer cord to my makeshift coffee table/desk adds to the pictures as well.


















This girl LOVES my cell phone. I don't know what it is about kids and electronic devices, but she would take a remote control, cell phone, IPOD, tape player, computer, etc. over the yummiest food you could ever offer her (even Turkish Delight). In fact, the cell phone is the only thing I could get her interested in enough to roll from her back to her tummy. She even starts doing the bum up in the air dance to try to crawl for it. Pretty stinkin cute.




















Emmeline and my smiley friend Mariah. We visited Mariah in Provo before she left for San Francisco this past week. She is such a great friend to me and it has been fun to have Emmeline get to know her. Mariah and I met our Freshman year at DT, which no longer exists....tear :(
We have traveled across country together twice as Mariah buys cars in her hometown West Virginia and then invites me to enjoy the 2,000 mile trip of such scenic places as Nebraska and Iowa. It is at times such as these that best friendships are formed.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I LOVE these pics! She is so adorable. She just keeps growing...it's amazing. And I love that she is so photogenic and smiles so well for the camera. Tell her we say hi and give her kisses for us.

TravandNat said...

Emmie is so cute! I has been fun to see you and the showers over the past weeks!

Chelsea said...

Oh she is such a cutie- I have loved seeing you two at all the showers, it has been so much fun to catch up. Hey, I need your address so I can send you the info on the book thing. Thanks shae

Mariah said...

We had so much fun on those road trips!! My only regret is that you didn't accompany me on my drive thought scenic Nevada to San Fran. You are such a great friend, Shae. Thanks for coming down to Provo (your favorite place haha) to visit me. I had so much fun hanging out with you and Emmie. She is so adorable (just like her mom).