Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Aquarium

We went to the Living Aquarium in Sandy the other weekend. It was smaller than we expected, but we saw some really cool things. Thanks for taking the day off Jon (even though it was a Saturday! Lately he has had to work Saturdays and late nights so it was good to be together.) Emmeline was a little scared of the place. I think it was because it was dark and a neon fish came right up to the glass and stared at her. She wasn't really sure what to think.





















Check out this video of an octopus. It is so crazy how it breathes. it's hard to see what is going on. You can see his one eye in the middle of the screen and his head is where it keeps opening up to breath. Then the tentacles are everywhere else. Pretty cool!





I thought the seahorses were the funniest looking things. I don't think I would feel very comfortable at all if I knew these little creatures were swimming anywhere near me. Yew! Lots of people say they are cute but that is not a word I would use to describe them!



















They let us touch the sting ray! It was pretty cool but every time I went to touch it I scared myself thinking I would be the first one to be stung at that place! Their skin is very soft and rubbery like jello jigglers!

No comments: