Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Yorkers

I still call my brother Spen and his family the "New Yorkers" even though they recently moved to Texas. They came to visit for a week and we had all sorts of adventures with their four darling, wildly fun children. Here is Emmie and her cousin Owen on a blow up toy at this crazy Kangaroo place Rachael took us to. Was it called the Kangaroo Zoo? I can't remember. It was a place where you can let kids run wild and they don't get hurt because everything there is some sort of a blow up animal, toy or slide. Pretty cool. I just love the way Em is admiring Obie.











Just ask my nephew Shem.....he could have lived at this place! (see videos below!)

















My wonderful sister-in-law Diana and her sweet twins, Owen and Hudson. It was hilarious to watch these twins dart off in opposite directions. It was hard to keep up with them. Just ask Diana what it is like to be on a trampoline with them by yourself and trying to somehow keep them both within arm's reach. Pretty tricky!

















Marissa has such a fun sense of humor. She keeps me laughing. One time she told me..."I just love to grow. When I keep getting bigger, I can do so many more things. I love growing!" She loves to pull crazy faces and amazing poses!
















It took forever to get all 6 grandchildren in a picture. You can barely see Shem's head poking out behind Marissa's, but he is there. Emmeline just loved having all these kids around. Charley of course is her little second mom making sure she has her binky and also that she isn't taking any of Charley's toys! So cute.
















Spenie Honna himself. He has Texan written all over that pose, doesn't he?
















Cute Diana. I just love her! I made them pose for these pictures so I could make a book for Emmie with all of the aunts/uncles/cousins and then start teaching her their names. So far she can't even say Mommy or Daddy!


















Owen having fun in Grannie Jyl's backyard. They were fascinated by the Beagle dog, Daisy.


















Hudson laughing at the dog. Sorry I don't like taking pictures of the dog!!



















Shemmers on the slide



Rach having fun with the kiddies too!

2 comments:

Tara said...

That looks like a lot of fun! People in Spen and Diana's old ward (my new ward) miss them a lot. I keep hearing their names mentioned.

John and Rachael Alexander said...

so I'm a little embarrassed about the video of me:) oh well. cute pics, fun to remember having the texans here!