Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Life On The Lake

We went to Lake Powell with my family and my Uncle's family a couple of weeks ago. It was the greatest vacation. I thought it would be more work having to deal with Emmeline at a new place, sand everywhere and too much sun. Let me tell you why it was such an amazing vacation....















First of all, my cute cousin Olivia (6 yrs old) was Emmeline's little buddy. Talk about constant entertainment for Emmie! Emmeline always had a smile or laugh on her face. It was great. It worked both ways too. Olivia LOVES dolls and was having the time of her life dressing up, putting bows on and playing games with a "Real Doll!"


















Cousin Charley and Olivia. It was so cute because Charlotte would call Oliva "ee aa"


















If you can believe it or not, the second thing that made life easy at Lake Powell was a beach ball. That thing entertained her from the moment she woke up. Actually, it was her first word too! Thanks to her friend Max for giving her this ball at his beach party. She LOVES it. After only having it for a few days, she learned to say "ba"

















She also understands the word "clap." One of the first time she got it was looking at this picture book I have of a little girl putting her hands together. Em was trying to figure it out by looking at the girl in the picture. It was way cute. Babies are so smart!



















It was a little difficult to get a picture of all three girls with their sunglasses ON. Charley wasn't too happy about it! The red glasses on Em are killer!

















Fishie, Fishie who wants a fishie........YEW!!! My brothers and husband like to "spear" catfish at Lake Powell. It was a huge feat when anyone actually caught one. They would spend a long time hanging off the side of the houseboat waiting for a fish to approach them. Oh man, I'll never understand the mind of a boy!

















Too many cute pictures of these girls. I swear they could be sisters.


















Em liked this little floatie device for pretty much this picture only! She started getting nervous being so close to the water and having her feet dangling into the "unknown" below. I don't blame her!

















So precious.


















Olivia was a little fireball and made us all laugh. She is really good at impersonating people. The voice she imitated so well on this trip was from the Disney movie Wall-E. She would come up and say "Wall-E" or "EeeeeVaaa" in the robotic voice so perfectly. It was great!

















Thanks to Rachael, Emmeline had her own little "Lake" on the beach. It was perfect for her. We even gave the girls baths in it at night.

















What a hunk! Here's my honey "surfing" behind the boat. It is pretty crazy how they can use the wake of the skiboat to produce a wave to surf on. Again, gotta be the mind of a boy who came up with this one! It was fun to watch him because he got really good and could stay out for a long time. This was the perfect week for Jon. So really, to sum it up, Lake Powell made life easier for me because I had babysitters all around me (thanks guys!), Em loved the water, she could nap in an air-conditioned houseboat, she slept a TON I think because she was so over-stimulated, and Jon and I had some great times on the boat, swimming, relaxing and taking in all the gorgeous surroundings. I just made sure we didn't get too much sun. I think all three of us came back whiter than when we left. I like it that way!

2 comments:

Ben said...

What a fun trip - Lake Powell is the best. I am so happy Emmie likes the beach ball! Please rememeber that if anything ever happens to that one - I bought about 30 and I'd love to get rid of them (:
She is such a beautiful little girl. Happy 10 month birthday, Emmie!!!

Mariah said...

Your trip sounds so fun! But you didn't write about getting sick... Haha. These pictures are so cute. And I loved the video of Emmie clapping. It's crazy that she can already do so much.