Thursday, August 28, 2008

Twinners

Jon says this is my new twin. Somehow throughout my life I always seem to have a friend that is a lot like me. In Jr. High it was a friend named Karli Schvaneveldt. One time I went over to her house and her dad was outside working in the yard. He said, "Hi Karli." when I walked up the driveway. We would switch places in a couple of classes to see if the teacher would figure it out. I don't remember if that ever worked! My next twin was on my mission, Cynthia Hamilton. Of course it was even worse in Chile because they already think all Americans look alike! Cynthia even convinced me to cut my hair short like hers and that was pretty much a disaster for all you who saw me in pictures or when I got home! Now my twin is Dana Bowns. She is a good friend in my ward here in Salt Lake. She was actually the first person who came up to me at church and welcomed me to Relief Society. We both had really short hair when we met, we both got pregnant that year, and now we have twinner strollers, twinner hair and darling twinner girls! It makes me laugh when we walk our strollers together and this particular day we were wearing similar T-shirts and capris so I had to take a picture. Another funny thing is that Jon has mistaken Dana for me at church a couple of times (from behind of course!) Dana is such a great mom and I try to learn things from her all the time.

1 comment:

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Hahaha, I was laughing about Karli Schanavelt (?sp) I'm glad you find a twin wherever you go, but aren't I still your number 1 twinner sis? haha