Saturday, August 9, 2008

Emmeline can crawl!!!

Emmeline took her first "all four baby steps" today! She has been prepping for this for about two weeks. We were with her "GraMare" today and she started going after some animal crackers. It was the cutest thing ever. Emmie and I both couldn't believe it was really happening. I'm sure in a few days I will be wishing it hadn't happened when she gets into the toilet, garbadge, etc., but for now I can just enjoy it! The thing I love about her crawl is how deliberate she is about every step and how determined she is to do it right. She has never scooted or dragged her feet behind her. I think she wanted to wait until she could do the crawl thing right.....and she did! Go Emmeline!! Oh and notice the object I get her to crawl to. Probably not a good thing to get her comfortable around.....woops!


These are just a couple random pictures I have taken of Emmeline lately. She is way into books now and it is fun to watch her look at them by herself (when I mean way into books I guess I mostly mean chewing them and ripping them apart....but it's a start!)













She sleeps like her daddy does!















Okay, so I don't know why I posted this today but I was laughing way hard when I came across this video of Em. I think she was about 4 months when we took the video, but I could be way off. The past 10 months are a blur and now I look at my little angel and can't believe how much she has changed. Every minute has made me laugh, cry, pray and smile at this miracle in my life!!

5 comments:

Ben said...

YEAH! Go, Emmie, GO! It's so cute to see her crawl...and I love that she is crawling toward the curling iron! She is such a girl! She's so stinkin' cute.

Tara said...

Watch out, Shae! This whole new world of crawling means a whole new world of messes for you to clean up!!! If you don't know what I mean, just look at every other blog entry of mine when Adalyn was about that age! Good luck!!! Miss you!!!

Erin & Mike Featherstone said...

Congats to Emmie! What a feat. PS I love the last video - her facial expressions are to die for. I can't wait until Mike sees these videos. He's going to die seeing all the cuteness.

britt said...

yea! she is getting so big and cuter every day...but like tara said, watch out. It only gets more busy from here!!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

woo hoo emmie! Ican't believe how much she has grown up! she is the sweetest cutest little girl ever!