Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mitch and Samantha

Last night Rachael and I threw a bridal shower for my little brother's fiancee, Samantha. These are a few of their engagement pictures. They are a cute couple. It was fun for me to get to know Sam a little more at the shower. I interviewed Mitch beforehand and quizzed Sam on a few things to see how much they knew about each other. It was cute to see them respond with most the same answers. Even though the first sight of each other, dating time, and their engagement has all happened since Emmeline was born, they know quite a bit about each other. It must have been a match made in Heaven (either that or one made at BYU!!! jk I love the Y! Neither of them have ventured down to Provo and I don't think it is in their plans) I am so excited for Mitch and Sam to be married in a couple weeks. We love you Sam!
















Mitch and Sam have the best meeting story I have ever heard. Sam was assigned to call a list of returned missionaries when she went to Institute one night. It was a service project to make sure that these RMs were attending Institute. I was actually at my parent's house the night they first talked. Mitch hung up the phone after talking to someone for 45 min. I said, "Hizz (family nickname), who was that?" He replied, "I don't know." What? How can you talk to someone for 45 min. and not know them?!!!" He explained the situation and then said, "But hey, I got a date out of it!" Yep, there is my brave brother. He set himself up on a blind date with a girl who was checking up on his Institute attendance. He claimed she had a cute voice. Wow. He really is brave! But he is very lucky because she just happened to be the one. So I guess the moral of the story is....he or she could be just around the corner---or the next person who calls you!

3 comments:

The Mapuche's Mom said...

If only someone would call me!
Ha ha!

Jyl said...

Shae what a great family history you are making! I love your write-ups on everything! You comment that Diana is so clever but you are also! Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Diana agrees:)