Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Saturday Night Outing

We went to dinner with my family on Saturday night and then bowling. However, bowling never happened. They were about to start Thunder Alley (glow in the dark bowling from 10:00pm-midnight). I'm actually glad we didn't end up bowling because it solved my argument with Jon about how we were going to keep our hands clean to hold Em, while bowling (hand sanitizer solves everything, right? Jon O said his hands would be cracked and dried after applying it every time he sat down from his turn). Hard question huh? Emmie was sure being cute for these pictures!













Shelby, Scot, Emmie and Natalie (Scot's girlfriend)


















Emmie wasn't cold one bit. She liked being bundled up with daddy. I am glad Jon's peacoat is big enough to fit two!
















So instead of bowling, I talked Jon into stopping by Barnes and Noble Bookstore. Okay, so we didn't just stop by. When I enter the children's book area, I sit down on the floor and start reading books I have pulled from the shelves! Jon was so sweet to walk around with Emmie and wait while I chose which Mother Goose book I wanted to buy. I am not always into Mary Engelbreit's books, but I love the way she illustrates these 100 nursery rhymes. Emmeline is already interested in looking at the bright colors (okay, so we read a few rhymes from this book more for me right now than for her. She prefers this other book that lights up and sings the nursery rhymes to you. It is starting to drive me crazy so I needed some variety!)
















This is the illustration for "Old King Cole". I am a big fan of nursery rhymes but I think kids get bored if they can't see good pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shae, I had to laugh when you were talking about how to keep your hands clean while bowling- we pick binky's up off the floor and pop them back in the mouth, etc. Builds the immune system-haha:) You are an awesome mommy!