Monday, February 4, 2008

Emmie at 6 am

You will not believe how happy Emmie is when the rest of world is hitting "snooze" on their alarm clocks. Em is really good about sleeping through the night now. However, sometimes she decides that her mornings begin at 5 or 6 am. She must know that mommy needs some extra encouragement to get out of bed. This smile was a great way to start off my day. Thanks Em!














I think you will love this video of Em jabbering away. She has so much energy in the mornings. This morning I was cleaning up breakfast and she was watching me from her little chair. She started fussing. I knew what she was saying "pick me up mom......" Over and over and over she tried to say that she didn't want to sit there. Lately I have been trying to leave her alone for a bit when she is fed, changed and well. She just keeps fussing! It has been a nice excuse to ignore housework. It is tricky trying to balance her in this little front pack we have while emptying the garbages (I did that today and it was a big pain that lasted way longer than it should have). So anyway, there she was begging to be held while I worked away at the dishes. Finally I went and sat by her and told her that she was okay and that I would come get her in a little bit. She looked up at me with big tear stained eyes and gave me a little smile that said "You are going to pick me up right???" It was the sweetest look of longing. All she needed to be happy was to be with mommy. I couldn't turn her down. So what if the dishes get piled up higher in the sink? I am starting to realize that the question they asked me at the hospital before they sent me home with Emmie has some real merit. Do you know how to feed her and love her? If so, your baby will survive.

8 comments:

Tara said...

She keeps getting cuter and cuter! I think she's outgrown that blanket she's on! Or is it a burp cloth? C'mon Shae, get her a big one!!!

Ben said...

Ahhh! She is so cute!! I love her little voice (:

Michael B said...

Loving the picture and video, so good job!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

I love the video! She is such a happy girl and it's so fun listening to her!! I say with a baby that cute you better have 10!:)

Paige said...

She is getting so big!! Very cute pictures. I love the one where she is raising her hand!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Em is sooo precious, I love watching her grow!

Adair said...

Oh she is delicious. I wish I was that happy in the morning. And Shae, Emmie needs to get with Maggie and explain to her the process of sleeping through the night...Maggie's just not getting it!

britt said...

as tired as you are and do NOT want to get up that early, you just can't be tired when you get a reaction like that!